Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Heh, "death con 3." What an idiot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:14 pm Heh, "death con 3." What an idiot.
Maybe you just didn't understand his joke?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Did he not mean to say DefCon 3?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:17 pm Did he not mean to say DefCon 3?
Maybe he was making a pun? I really don't know the mind of the genius :)
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I immediately assumed it was an idiot being an idiot. He's rich because he had a little entertainment value, and was marketed to idiots by smart people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:49 pm I immediately assumed it was an idiot being an idiot. He's rich because he had a little entertainment value, and was marketed to idiots by smart people.
he's written some pretty good lyrics in the day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

D Latino councilwoman forced to resign the presidency of the council over racist remarks caught on tape.

Racist comments about a white gay guy and his black adopted son. She called the kid a little monkey.

I'm so confused. I thought only white people and Rs could be racist...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm Racist comments about a white gay guy and his black adopted son. She called the kid a little monkey.

You forget, Latinos are often white.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm Racist comments about a white gay guy and his black adopted son. She called the kid a little monkey.

I was reading the other day that a lot of people from south of the border were often mad about their 23 and Me results. They all expect to be descended from Mayans and Azteks, and most of them are just European Spanish.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Fair.

The article also used the correct format when a D does something wrong, which is to never mentioned their party affiliation or bury it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Fair.

The article also used the correct format when a D does something wrong, which is to never mentioned their party affiliation or bury it.
Or, they just think the reader will assume D, since it's CA.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:03 pm You forget, Latinos are often white.
Fair.

Or, they just think the reader will assume D, since it's CA.
Also fair (I guess? Making an assumption about your audience's knowledge seems to be really poor journalism...), but CNN leads with the R in R scandals and doesn't mention the party in D scandals no matter where they occur.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White supremacy strikes again!

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

So... foreigners are better at America than Americans are?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Always amuses me when a single person in one conversation will claim that the American dream is dead and there's no way to succeed in the economy, and in a different conversation claim that we should allow more immigrants in so they can live a better life.

Yeah, college has been priced out of the poor, and housing is way up in the cities, but ten million people in the flyover states are still buying houses and doing fine with their unfinished degrees ,in their non-glamourous jobs.

Point being, a lot of people who think they are smart and enlightened aren't as smart as they think they are.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:04 am So... foreigners are better at America than Americans are?
Well, you'd have to believe they aren't American first Nazi.

The Hispanic ranking on that list was interesting. I can think of 15M reasons why it's probably lower than reality.

That list is a pretty big "fuck you" to the "It's racism, not a cultural thing" argument.
GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:12 am Point being, a lot of people who think they are smart and enlightened aren't as smart as they think they are.
Truth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:01 am That list is a pretty big "fuck you" to the "It's racism, not a cultural thing" argument.
Well, we limit legal migrants to people who are useful/have certain skills/education.

Also, how much MORE would they be making if they were white, too? :P
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:17 pm Also, how much MORE would they be making if they were white, too?
That is fantastic because it's EXACTLY what the "White Supremacy is everywhere!!" people would say.

You cannot make this shit up:

Seriously, if you take the MSM (ANY outlet) at face value, you're a brainwashed idiot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

At best. At worst, you're part of the disinformation campaign.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

The Steelers are now iconography of the far right extremists thanks to that one dude's hat. Good job, Leisher, you oppressor.