Appleseed

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Japanese animation film about (what else?) a war torn world on the brink of extinction and a utopian society right in the middle of it all.

Seriously, does every single anime film have the exact same plot or what?

Anyway, this film is decent. The storyline is a bit out there, but the visuals are amazing and the action is constant and exciting. I really enjoyed the concepts of the characters and some of the settings.

This is no Akira, but it's still a solid choice for any anime fan.

7 out of 10. (All subtracted points are storyline related.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

I agree.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I always want to watch anime but I can never get into the art style. Everything always seems to have this faded white look, like the animation cells were left out in the sun for a long time.

You also forgot the other staple of anime, which is witches/demons banging girls in sailor/school girl outfits.

I remember watching one where a school principle and the vice principle who was also a court jester would put topless pictures of the students(an all girls school) up if they got bad grades. So the principle would try to think of ways to get the girls to get bad grades and then the hero would show up and save the day. The hero also just happened to be a naked chick in a mask who would defeat the bad guys by sitting on their face.

I don't need to tell you that it was fantastic and rivals any story told by Mark Twain or Shakespeare.