NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:55 am our sexy head coach
I can't believe Catt just skimmed over that part.

I don't like the elf. I don't hate it either. I just think it's a weird X-Mas mascot.

Are people already selling Brownie on a Shelf in Cleveland?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:44 pm Stranger wrote: ↑Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:55 am
our sexy head coach
I can't believe Catt just skimmed over that part.
I don't kink shame.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Commanders are terrible. Lions went for the cycle in the 1st quarter (td ,fg, and safety)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I've heard Ron Rivera's name in the "First coach fired" bet.

I did bet the Lions to win and cover today.

These people are human garbage (not Browns fans generally):
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If the Colts' plan is to be perpetually mediocre, they are kicking ass.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mitch sure does throw to the check down receiver a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, Browns.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Last week my fantasy team lost to Stranger's thanks to Jefferson's career best day and Rogers sucking ass.

This week I ran into Tyreke Hill. Only my D and 1 WR has played so far, but it already feels hopeless.

The only thing more hopeless is the Steelers' offense.

On the bright side, the Browns and Ravens both choked, and the first half of the Ringer underdog parlay hit (Miami). So Go Vikings!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Also, not sure if it was the injury or the shitty O line, but I was not loving Najee during the Steelers' game. There was no urgency moving towards the line of scrimmage. I get he's trying to read his blocks, but sometimes you just need to hit the line where the hole should be.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Why does the offensive line hate Joe Burrow?

Also...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:26 pm On the bright side, the Browns and Ravens both choked,
Shitty day for AFC North, good day for the AFC East.

Oh Browns fans. My fantasy team is like the fantasy equivalent of the Browns. We might be in every game, but we're not going to win anything big.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Jets scored two touchdowns in the final 82 seconds for a 31-30 victory, becoming the first team in 21 years to overcome a 13-point deficit in the final two minutes to win a game. The Chicago Bears did it against the Browns in 2001.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said the miracle comeback was "something crazy," a sentiment echoed throughout the team's locker room.

"I don't know where it ranks, but it's up there," said quarterback Joe Flacco, a 15-year veteran who threw four touchdowns, including the game winner to rookie wide receiver Garrett Wilson with 22 seconds left.

Some perspective: From Week 9 of 2002 (the week after the Browns' collapse against the Bears) to Week 1 of the current season, teams had lost 2,229 consecutive games when trailing by at least 13 points in the final two minutes.
Way to bookend history, Browns.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

SF probably loving their garropolo moves now with Lance out all year
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Well, he's not accurate or good, but at least he's not durable...

Three first round picks and change for him? Really?

Justin Fields, the guy SF should have taken and would have gotten him for less, definitely crossed the goal line on that fourth and inches. You can clearly see in the replay that the ball crossed the plane. His new coach, a defensive guy, didn't challenge it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:52 pm Well, he's not accurate or good, but at least he's not durable...

Three first round picks and change for him? Really?
well, I meant THIS off-season move to keep him for cheaper
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

That Browns game made me physically ill. As us Browns fans always say... "OIC" (only in Cleveland)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 am That Browns game made me physically ill. As us Browns fans always say... "OIC" (only in Cleveland)
Sorry, Stranger. At least you have Brownie.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 am Sorry, Stranger. At least you have Brownie.
LOL! You know, as i was watching the game Brownie was starting to grow on me.

Now.. Brownie gotta go.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 am Sorry, Stranger. At least you have Brownie.

Now.. Brownie gotta go.
Aww, he's cursed? It's just one game! I mean, you can't blame the elf for the Browns being the Browns.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 am

Now.. Brownie gotta go.
If they lose this Thursday to Mitch "I'm not allowed to throw to anyone other than the under route" Trubisky, then I'm all in on a "Brownie the Elf curse."

The Steelers' offense is horrific. Matt Canada needs to be put on a raft on the Ohio river immediately. The O line is bottom 5 in the NFL, so no holes are ever open for runners. Teams don't believe in our passing game so they load the box and Matt Canada can't take advantage of that? Trubisky ALWAYS has to throw to the RB 10 yards shy of a 1st down on 3rd and long?

They had the ball 20+ times against the Bengals and scored 1 offensive TD. They scored 1 offensive TD against the Patriots. (And honestly, would have won the game if not for a muffed punt. The Patriots suck too.)

Do we see Pickett next week at home for the Jets or do they wait until the bye week in the beginning of November? That decision will tell you what you need to know about the Steelers' plan for this season.