NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Is the Sun Belt the new Power 5 program?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:21 am Correction: THREE of his CFP picks lost today.
I almost posted "Chance for 3 " before going to bed... but didn't want to jinx it.
Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:21 am Scott Frost is working hard to be the first coach fired this year.
Yeah, if the nails aren't in the coffin, I don't know what would do it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 am Scott Frost is working hard to be the first coach fired this year.
Yeah, if the nails aren't in the coffin, I don't know what would do it.
Fired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC: 44th -> 39th -> 30th in the AP voting.
App St: 46th -> No votes -> 28th
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

New AP poll:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. TTUN
5. Clemson
6. Oklahoma
7. USC
8. Ok St.
9. Kentucky
10. Arkansas

Honestly, at this point anyone who really believes there is no SEC bias is about as stupid as humanly possible. Bama needed a last second FG and a LOT of help from the officials to beat an unranked team whose 2nd string QB played three quarters of the game, yet they drop a single spot (and in favor of another SEC team...)? Last week Florida beats Utah in a miracle win and jumped from unranked to 12. This week Kentucky beats Florida and jumps 11 spots? Why? How is Arkansas in the top 10? Because they beat #23 Cincinnati?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Why is TTUN up there?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:51 am Why is TTUN up there?
I think based on how they finished last year. They were a CFP team, and while they lost their two biggest playmakers on D, they returned their starting QB and his more talented backup. Plus, they decimated their opposition so far. First, they pummeled 0-2 Colorado State (who were just routed at home by Middle Tennessee State), then they beat the 0-3 Hawaii Rainbow Brights by a smaller margin than how badly Vanderbilt beat them. Next they face the 1-2 UConn Huskies.

From what I understand, they had a home and home series with UCLA and one of those games should have happened this year, but TTUN pulled out for some reason.

Their schedule is extremely weak this year: Maryland, @ Iowa's D because they have no O, @ Indiana, PSU, MSU, @Rutgers, Nebraska, Illinois, @OSU. It's very likely they'll be undefeated heading to Columbus with the winner being a lock for the CFP.

Watch out for Rutgers. I know, I know. However, PSU and MSU back to back followed by a road game to Rutgers could get interesting. Rutgers and Greg Schiano have some kind of magic and he's been pulling in good recruiting classes since he returned there. That could be exactly the right formula for a trap game. TTUN heads in having beaten two ranked teams and reading all the press about how they're awesome and this is their year, then boom Rutgers plays their best game of the season.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 pm Watch out for Rutgers. I know, I know.
The Rutgers team that beat BC by 1? Oh... ok.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Like I said, "I know". I just feel like that's a perfect trap game. Not really predicting an upset, but a closer than you expect game.

Bama was a three TD favorite this weekend. So was Texas A&M. Pitt was favored. Baylor was favored. OSU never should have lost to Iowa or Purdue. TTUN never should have lost to App St or Toledo.

Shit happens.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I predict 3 losses. MSU, OSU, and some random.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The four schools I attended in college + post-college!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

"I'm not going no more"

I kind of feel like he's saying he's still going?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:19 pm "I'm not going no more"

I kind of feel like he's saying he's still going?
Racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This first slate of games have been boooooooooooring.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:26 pm This first slate of games have been boooooooooooring.
Srsly.

Nebraska gotta do something big.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

4th quarter of Syracuse-Purdue is all I've watched, and it was pretty entertaining. Never seen a team kick off from the OTHER TEAM's 35 yd line before.