Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:48 pm Due to this action?who knows how attributable.
I mean realistically, it's pretty hard to calculate. Politically, it's far easier to take credit or place blame.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Gas in the Toledo area is still 3.50-3.65, all over town. It really hasn't dropped much, compared to everywhere else I have seen.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:27 pm Gas in the Toledo area is still 3.50-3.65, all over town. It really hasn't dropped much, compared to everywhere else I have seen.
it used to be $5.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

It's official. Inflation is here and real.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:28 pm It's official. Inflation is here and real.
LOL
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Mortgage rates hit 6% thanks to "stubbornly high inflation".

The rail strike I had mentioned previously has been averted. Biden's admin is taking all the credit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:26 am The rail strike I had mentioned previously has been averted.
Last thing we need right now.
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:26 am Mortgage rates hit 6% thanks to "stubbornly high inflation".
Yeah, hard to believe housing prices aren't falling more.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

"Stubbornly high inflation" reminds me of the quarterly "unexpectedly low economic growth" headlines of the obama years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 am Yeah, hard to believe housing prices aren't falling more.
Right? Inventory is rising as well. Sellers are being stubborn at this point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:55 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 am Yeah, hard to believe housing prices aren't falling more.
Takes time to adjust to new realities/expectations.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:55 pm
True story. Back in the days of the first LEDs when plasmas were king we were house hunting. A couple going through their divorce were selling their home and the guy had a front projection TV in his basement. Remember those? The three huge bulbs set 6 feet or so away from the TV on the floor and projecting back to the screen? He actually said, "I'll even leave this TV for $5K". I laughed. He didn't appreciate that because he was dead serious.

The house was overpriced too. We did not buy it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

People are illogical
In behavioral finance, the endowment effect, or divestiture aversion as it is sometimes called, describes a circumstance in which an individual places a higher value on an object that they already own than the value they would place on that same object if they did not own it.

This type of behavior is typically triggered with items that have an emotional or symbolic significance to the individual. However, it can also occur merely because the individual possesses the object in question.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:16 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:55 pm Right? Inventory is rising as well. Sellers are being stubborn at this point.
True story. Back in the days of the first LEDs when plasmas were king we were house hunting. A couple going through their divorce were selling their home and the guy had a front projection TV in his basement. Remember those? The three huge bulbs set 6 feet or so away from the TV on the floor and projecting back to the screen? He actually said, "I'll even leave this TV for $5K". I laughed. He didn't appreciate that because he was dead serious.

The house was overpriced too. We did not buy it.
"I'll pay you $50 right now if it isn't here when I move in, to save me a trip to the dump."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Read the list, enjoy the comments.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Nothing surprises me there except best buy
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:22 pm Nothing surprises me there except best buy
Really? Long John Silvers?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:22 pm Nothing surprises me there except best buy
Are you insane? You don't shop at longjohnsilvers.com?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Actually my eye passed right over that. TF.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:36 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 pm
Are you insane? You don't shop at longjohnsilvers.com?
too commercialized. We stick to Dennys.com