NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm That's what jumped out to me the most. Extremely convenient timing. I'm betting the pitch of the storyline for that game dominating sports shows and radio that week was part of why the NFL dropped to 11 games.
One could argue that 11 is roughly midway between 6 (original) and 17 (Goodwell's recommendation).

But it's more fun to have conspiracy theories.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm But it's more fun to have conspiracy theories.
Exactly.

Just like how the Patriots starting their run the same year as 9/11 was always a bit of a weird coincidence. I'm not saying Tom Brady was involved, but...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

When the NFL didn't just rubber stamp the appeal and give Watson a full year i knew it wasn't going to be the full year. I remember hearing the NFL was willing to go 12 games and $10M before the Sue Robinson decision. And then last week we heard Watson was willing to settle for 8 games $5M, so i figured it had to come somewhere in between.

It is what it is, Browns fans are happy its over with. If Brisett can get us to 5 or 6 wins i believe the Browns will still be in it for the final 6 games. The defense and running game are going to be our strengths and will need to be leaned on.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pm Browns fans are happy its over with.
That part is over. The heckling from other fan bases will never end.
Stranger wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pm The defense and running game are going to be our strengths and will need to be leaned on.
Same as last year when Stefanski inexplicably had Baker throw 60 times a game. I hope, for your sake, that was all a ploy to ultimately remove Baker.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Brady still missing and no return date planned.

I have heard this is some sort of punishment for his role in the Dolphins tampering. I think that's horseshit. Nobody is upset about missing camp.

If I had to wager a bet, I'd go with this being part of his condition for returning. A mystery personal reason to keep him away from training camp, but back in time for the season.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:01 pm had to wager a bet, I'd go with this being part of his condition for returning. A mystery personal reason to keep him away from training camp, but back in time for the season.
agreed
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I think I might wager the under on Seattle's win total this year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:58 pm That part is over. The heckling from other fan bases will never end.
Yeah, as if that's any different from the past 20 years. We're used to that, it comes with the territory.
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:58 pm I hope, for your sake, that was all a ploy to ultimately remove Baker.
It had to be. The year before Baker threw over 30 passes in like 2 games. Baker thought he was the one calling the shots, he said he decided if he was going to play or not when he should've just went out for the season after week 2. I'll be interested to see how/if things change this year. Because Stefanski going from coach of the year to a guy that doesn't know his own teams strength and weaknesses makes no sense to me.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:43 am It had to be. The year before Baker threw over 30 passes in like 2 games. Baker thought he was the one calling the shots, he said he decided if he was going to play or not when he should've just went out for the season after week 2. I'll be interested to see how/if things change this year. Because Stefanski going from coach of the year to a guy that doesn't know his own teams strength and weaknesses makes no sense to me.
I've heard Baker forced the offense to be what it was last year, so that would be a good sign for Stefanski's competence.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:52 pm The problem is Deshaun shows no actual remorse.

Another "the Commanders' leadership sucks" article.
Yes, and also, Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Steelers' most glaring weakness is O line and specifically...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair to Kendrick Green, those people coming at him are big + strong.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

That picture of the homeless "Browns fan" isn't even the worst i've seen. There is a much worse one with a guy and his 8 year old son? holding two signs. Dad is holding one that say "Fuck those hoes" and the kid hold the other "Free Watson"

Totally classless and i would never pose for a picture like that with my son. I don't care how big of a fan you are, that's not a good look with your child.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:51 am Dad is holding one that say "Fuck those hoes" and the kid hold the other "Free Watson"
Probably Andrew Tate fans.

I don't think the guy in the picture I posted was homeless. He is selling those shirts. He clearly has a stack of them at his feet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

According to Bill Barnwell (behind the ESPN paywall that doesn't exist for me thanks to the Disney+ bundle), history says the Steelers will have a losing season this year along with the Packers, Raiders, Titans and Falcons.