Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

US employers added 390,000 jobs in May, representing a slower pace of hiring, as the historically hot labor market showed signs of cooling off, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' monthly jobs report released Friday.

The unemployment rate stayed at 3.6%, slightly higher than the half-century low recorded in February 2020, before the pandemic hit.
Better than expected #s.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Old school businesspeople really hate remote workers.

Remote work is what the workers want, but it goes against everything society knows, and more importantly as NYC shows, how tax revenue gets created.

This is going to be an interesting fight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I love remote work. I'm in the office about 3-4 days a month, and that's just fine with me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

I love remote work as well. I also enjoy going to the office (or I used to anyway). Most importantly, I love having the flexibility to do whatever one matches my needs for that day.

A bad trend continues.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

Post-Corona Economy

Post by thibodeaux »

My company started a hiring freeze last week. This after hiring like wild during the pandemic...when we could actually get a candidate to accept our offer instead of one from the FAG companies.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:01 pm My company started a hiring freeze last week. This after hiring like wild during the pandemic...when we could actually get a candidate to accept our offer instead of one from the FAG companies.
Yyyaaaaaaaaaaaayy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:35 pm This didn't age well.
Thanks, Russia.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:19 am Feds raise rates and stock are plunging.
Yesterday, the market was up 1-2% on the cut news, then apparently they decided they didn't like it afterall overnight.

The Fed's track record on a soft landing is poor, and people are betting they miss again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, the first is irrelevant. The second is generally reflective of things happening.

The third is that one that matters. LEIs (leading economic indicators) show economic growth, not a recession, yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:21 pm Buy mustard in bulk now.
ewwww
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Put this is "Sign of the Decline."

Healthy civilizations don't have mustard seed shortages.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:22 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:21 pm Buy mustard in bulk now.
ewwww
This had better be an ewwww about the shortage. If you're ewwwwing mustard, well, we're going to have to throw hands.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:51 pm If you're ewwwwing mustard, well, we're going to have to throw hands.
I like my hot dogs like I like my women, naked.