IRS Internal Revenue Service

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Can't they just look at their records to see how much the EITC checks were cut for and avoid an expensive auditing process?

On one hand at least they're not using the IRS to silence their opposition. On the other if they really want to let the IRS find wasteful spending, let them audit Congressional members and the government itself.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Can't they just look at their records to see how much the EITC checks were cut for and avoid an expensive auditing process?

On one hand at least they're not using the IRS to silence their opposition. On the other if they really want to let the IRS find wasteful spending, let them audit Congressional members and the government itself.
The audit is there to validate that those people qualify for the credit. A credit that maximizes at ~$6,500 for a family of four or more. Versus all the millionaires that could be audited, not to mention Congresspeople.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, this makes no sense and is more proof that we shouldn't put the government in charge of pretty much anything.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Rich people can afford tax lawyers and it makes it not worth the IRS's time. Poor peeps just get fucked.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Part of me is annoyed. Part of me is okay with making sure that people that are taking money they never paid in are supposed to get it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My state refund is still being processed > 2 months after submitting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

gotta get those babysitters to pay their fair share.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:38 am gotta get those babysitters to pay their fair share.
Give them cash.

At any rate, I keep forgetting crime is OK for Gordon.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

dumping tea in the harbor was a crime, and that was very OK
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:03 pm dumping tea in the harbor was a crime, and that was very OK
There comes a point when a corrupt and out of control government constantly bleeding its people dry and removing their rights make it necessary to break some laws.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It won't happen, but thoughts?

I saw Pelosi complaining about it and suggesting Rs are protecting the wealthy. That gave me a chuckle because that is a pot calling the kettle black. What's her worth again and why is she and her husband allowed to engage in insider trading? I'm quite certain she is considered "wealthy" and none of those 87K new IRS agents were showing up on her doorstep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

IRS: We have ancient computers and no people to audit complex tax returns to literally do our job.

Dems: Have some money to update your shit.

Republicans: WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

This is easy, the IRS needs the money, and rich people have an inordinate ability to hide shit on their taxes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:59 pm the IRS needs the money
Did you see the "abolish" part? Kind of trumps the need for money, yes?
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:59 pm rich people have an inordinate ability to hide shit on their taxes
Justifying 87K new people? Again, the promise of them was "only going after the wealthy".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, sorry, I was on their "we're removing the extra IRS funding," campaign.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:21 pm Justifying 87K new people? Again, the promise of them was "only going after the wealthy".
Yes.

Consumption tax: I dunno, it's what Texas does, basically. Not a fan of regressive tax policies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:57 pmYes.
No.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:57 pm Consumption tax: I dunno, it's what Texas does, basically. Not a fan of regressive tax policies.
I was going to get back to that, glad you circled back first.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If they hadn't been specifically said to be going after the working poor, no one would care.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:06 pm If they hadn't been specifically said to be going after the working poor, no one would care.
They. aren't.