NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saint Peter's!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:45 pmSaint Peter's!!
PEACOCKS
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If their games were on Fox, I'd swear they created the college and the run just for a Family Guy joke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:27 am If their games were on Fox, I'd swear they created the college and the run just for a Family Guy joke.
I just keep having this run through my head...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

i still haven't seen the UNC game, but people are not loving the officials' swallowing their whistles to get Baylor back in the game
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'd let Katy Perry see my peacock...

Meant to tell you last night that my, former college bball official, father was absolutely ripping the officials in that game. He had about a dozen examples of them blowing calls, swallowing their whistles, blatantly calling horseshit in favor of Baylor during their run, and so on.

He's the only person I know who pauses every game at the start when they list the officials. He reviews the list and typically can tell you how the game is going to be called.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Totally off topic, but I'm pretty sure Coach K and AT&T girl were not together when they filmed that commercial. I base that on the camera positions they used.

Also, AT&T girl has lost weight. She was hiding her body behind desks and tables because she was annoyed by people online commenting on it. (She directs the commercials.) However, they have the new one where she's in the stands at a game and she's wearing a sweatshirt with nothing blocking the view and she has clearly dropped a bunch of pounds. Good for her.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Nova is exposing where Holtman is weak. His teams don't play great team ball. It's all individual stuff. (He might be an awesome NBA coach.)

I don't think OSU has the ability to beat Nova's awesome team basketball.

OSU better be better coached next year or he's gone.

FYI, writing this in the first half.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Jay Wright is probably one of the best coaches in the NCAA right now. He's who I really wanted to come to UNC. But he didn't, so clearly he is an asshole. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Very good coach. He has Nova playing exceptionally well. I love how they attack the rim and the ball handlers.

That Gillespie is pretty awesome too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Somehow they got within two with 5 to go, but could never get over the hump.

Holtman better take some coaching classes in the offseason.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, GG Ohio State. And you lost that one dude, Mr. Concussion.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Kyle Young.

His GF was in the stands with their 2 month old baby.

OSU women's hockey wins national title today.

Consolation prize I guess?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Congrats, I guess? :)

Duke > MSU just proves ACC > B10! :P
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Notre Dame's turn to get fucked by the officials. Missed offensive goal tending by the other team, and blew the whistle when they shouldn't have to removed 2 pts by Notre Dame. What a bunch of shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck Auburn, And fuck Bruce Pearl especially. Enjoy your trip home, shitheads!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:47 pm Congrats, I guess?
It was the first ever women's Frozen Four, so that's cool.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:47 pm Duke > MSU just proves ACC > B10!
Don't lie. You probably had an MSU shirt on!

Bad day for the B1G though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:38 pm Don't lie. You probably had an MSU shirt on!
I didn't.
Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:38 pm Bad day for the B1G though.
Yeah it was.
Starting teams:
Big Ten - 9
ACC - 5
Current teams:
Big Ten - 2
ACC - 3
Go Heels!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:18 amI didn't.
So you were rooting for Duke. Interesting.

The AZ-TCU game was pretty good. The other late games were meh.

Worst March Madness tech ever? Probably.

That call absolutely murdered Illinois' momentum right when they were taking the game over. They ended up losing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 am So you were rooting for Duke. Interesting.
C's mom's remembrance ceremony was this weekend, we had family in town, not very basketbally.
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 am That call absolutely murdered Illinois' momentum right when they were taking the game over. They ended up losing.
Eh, maybe. (I agree bad call, momentum is subjective)

But we can all agree the officiating this weekend was fucking garbage.