GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Edited By GORDON on 1183573033
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Despite that rule, I'd still keep guns in the house. In fact, it'd make me more likely to keep a gun because I'd be afraid that criminals would try to exploit the no gun rule.

Granted, I wouldn't talk to the neighbor about my guns, but since I keep them in a gun safe anyway it's not as if anybody will ever see them.

I wonder if the rule applies to antique guns or other display pieces?

I think the home owner's association should mandate a religion, force residents to quarter security guards, perform random search & seizures, etc. Why not hit all the rights?

Edited By Paul on 1174411319
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'd totally love to see them say a property dispute in which the value is only $25 can't be settled by a trial by jury.

Fuckers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

They tried that in a small town in Illinois once. They got around the whole Constitutional issue by saying people could have them, but had to keep them in a safety deposit box, or some such (not sure how you can get the gun into the bank, though). B&E's doubled over the next couple of years. They reversed the law soon after that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
DoctorChaos

Post by DoctorChaos »

Gordon, I agree that people make a choice to live there, but what about the poor saps living there before the rule was passed. I always thought homeowners associations were a pile of shit to begin with.
Wadda mean? Other people can read this?!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

DoctorChaos wrote:Gordon, I agree that people make a choice to live there, but what about the poor saps living there before the rule was passed. I always thought homeowners associations were a pile of shit to begin with.
They are, but generaaly the HA exists before anyone moves in.
It's not me, it's someone else.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

The HA a half mile north of here had rules such as no outside antennes, dishes, unconnected out building, cloths lines, RV and pickups in the driveways after 6 at night. Last I heard the HA was raided and overturned in an election and things have lightened up some.
Doesn't really bother me. But how is a home association going to take my guns away when I have them and they don't? Say please.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

DoctorChaos wrote:Gordon, I agree that people make a choice to live there, but what about the poor saps living there before the rule was passed. I always thought homeowners associations were a pile of shit to begin with.
I've HEARD that even if your neighborhood forms a HA after you live there, you still need to voluntarily join it. The power of the HA comes from the fact that it typically gets written into the mortgage agreement when you buy the property. If you wont join it, they wont sell to you.
Mommy Dearest

Post by Mommy Dearest »

unkbill wrote:The HA a half mile north of here had rules such as no outside antennes, dishes, unconnected out building, cloths lines, RV and pickups in the driveways after 6 at night. Last I heard the HA was raided and overturned in an election and things have lightened up some.
Doesn't really bother me. But how is a home association going to take my guns away when I have them and they don't? Say please.
Where is that?

Wildflower?
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Mommy Dearest wrote:
unkbill wrote:The HA a half mile north of here had rules such as no outside antennes, dishes, unconnected out building, cloths lines, RV and pickups in the driveways after 6 at night. Last I heard the HA was raided and overturned in an election and things have lightened up some.
Where is that?

Wildflower?
Sorry South, Leopardville.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Even better:
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp
City to Seize Homes Over a $5 Parking Ticket
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:Even better:
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp
City to Seize Homes Over a $5 Parking Ticket
Any motorist who believes a parking ticket may have been improperly issued must first pay a $250 "appeal fee" within seven days to have the case heard by a contract employee of the city.

But remember: it isn't about revenue generation.