NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

EJ is pretty awesome. He thought about going pro after last year, but stuck around. His stock has to be going up.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 am EJ is pretty awesome. He thought about going pro after last year, but stuck around. His stock has to be going up.
yes, and yalls odds. Duke 1 pt in 5 minutes wtf?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ewers enters the portal.

This was expected with the emergence of Stroud. Apparently Ewers' NIL deal has caveats about the number of games he starts and he can't get there unless he starts next year. OSU can't bench a Heisman finalist, so it's back to Texas for Ewers. Good luck to him! He'll be fine and OSU will be fine.

That explains why they went out and got that kid I mentioned in an earlier post.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

It’s always weird when ESPN shows reruns in prime time: https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401331159
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was watching it last night in the hotel. Utah dominated them on both sides of the ball.

Yes, it was a complete rerun of the first game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Miami trying to steal Oregon’s coach.

I guess Utah must not be on their schedule.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:46 pm Miami trying to steal Oregon’s coach.

I guess Utah must not be on their schedule.
I think software dev salaries/market is crazy, but if you're a half-decent football coach...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So... if Michigan wins...

Michigan
Bama
UGA
Cincy?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It'll either be:
Bama, TTUN, GA, Cincy or TTUN, Bama, Cincy, GA.

They won't want Bama and GA playing again unless it's the title game (ESPN's wet dream despite the fact it'll get lower than usual ratings. It helps them promote the SEC network that they overpaid for.)

Vegas has lines out immediately following the game:
Bama -16 over CIncy
GA -9 over TTUN
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 am It'll either be:
Bama, TTUN, GA, Cincy or TTUN, Bama, Cincy, GA.

They won't want Bama and GA playing again unless it's the title game
I have a feeling they'll manipulate it, but I don't think it's the right ranking.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Go Bearcats
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 pmGo Bearcats
Seconded.

WF's coach complains about Pickett's fake slide.

I agree 100%.

If a rule tells D players they have to stop playing once they see a QB do something, then the QB should not be able to fake doing it to induce those players into stopping and then continue the play.

They should fix the dumb targeting rule while they're at it.

Ok stealing Venables from Clemson.

I love anything that hurts Clemson, and this will be a huge blow to them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:56 pm WF's coach complains about Pickett's fake slide.

I agree 100%.
Same.
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:56 pm Ok stealing Venables from Clemson.

I love anything that hurts Clemson, and this will be a huge blow to them.
Will be interesting to see how their D works without him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The ideal scenario:
Cincy routs Bama
TTUN routs GA
Then Cincy beats TTUN

What will actually happen:
TTUN and Cincy will get blown off the field.
Bama wins easily against GA.
We'll hear endlessly how good the SEC is with no mention of how their SOS is falsely inflated every year, they don't play the same amount of P5 schools as every other conference, they still schedule DII schools unlike other conferences, and how this horseshit narrative pushed by ESPN is why we're not getting expanded playoffs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The Hurricanes fire their coach.

What a terrible season and end result for the preseason #14 team...

If you're reading this and don't understand, that's a shot at the annual overhyping of Bama's only OOC P5 opponent that they play on a neutral field.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:03 pm The Hurricanes fire their coach.
Well, good luck with Mr. Crash and Burn.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Miami steals Oregon's HC.

Not for nothing, but he had the world at Oregon and didn't do much. He'll have far less at Miami.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:22 pm Ewers enters the portal.

This was expected with the emergence of Stroud. Apparently Ewers' NIL deal has caveats about the number of games he starts and he can't get there unless he starts next year. OSU can't bench a Heisman finalist, so it's back to Texas for Ewers. Good luck to him! He'll be fine and OSU will be fine.

That explains why they went out and got that kid I mentioned in an earlier post.
Apparently he just wanted to work around Texas' restrictions on high school, and always wanted to be in Texas?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:22 pm Ewers enters the portal.

Apparently he just wanted to work around Texas' restrictions on high school, and always wanted to be in Texas?
That's Deadspin, and thus, completely devoid of credibility. I mean, they can't even pretend to be an actual media outlet with shit like this:
Because Texas where Ewers is from, is a terrible place run by a litany of unintelligent Republicans
Not saying that isn't true, just saying the bigotry is real. Replace it with [insert protected class here] and people are screaming to the heavens.

Ewers met with the coaching staff and asked to be the starter next year. Why do that if it's all a ploy? Also, the kid didn't shed his black stripe, which says a lot regarding his progression in practice. (Hint: Not very good.)

OSU, after getting "played" is stuck with Heisman finalist CJ Stroud, 5 star recruit Kyle McCord (#3 in the class where Ewers was #1), and 4 star Devin Brown who several scouts think is as good or better than Ewers and has publicly stated he wants to compete against the best, not run from competition. They're going to be just fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

University of Hawaii football has a culture problem.