Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Parents of Oxford shooter charged.
"While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there are other individuals who contributed to the events on Nov. 30," McDonald said. "And it is my intention to hold them accountable.
"Gun ownership is a right, and with that right comes great responsibility," McDonald said, before detailing the charges.
Just based on the headline I thought this was purely political. And don't get me wrong, there are politics at play. However, I agree with the prosecutor here. I definitely don't think this sort of move should be used against ALL parents of shooters, but in this case it makes sense.

If your kid is fucked up, maybe don't buy a gun or keep it under lock and key.

And hey, here's a thought, try being a parent and get involved in your kid's life.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm If your kid is fucked up, maybe don't buy a gun or keep it under lock and key.
Honestly, even if your kid isn't fucked up.

Just read the article... it's was his Christmas present? wtf
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 pm Just read the article... it's was his Christmas present? wtf
Wait. It's not normal to buy your kids a handgun for Christmas?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:38 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 pm Just read the article... it's was his Christmas present? wtf
Wait. It's not normal to buy your kids a handgun for Christmas?
Parents seem to be missing
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I saw their lawyer said they plan to turn themselves in.

I wonder if they're actually going to do that or take the easy way out?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I don't know rules about knowing the.mental state, or if the kid had a mental state at all .... But it isn't illegal for a kid to own a gun.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Probably either illegal due to age or due to him not having actually purchased it? As Catt said, they gave it to him for his birthday. WTF were they thinking?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:54 pm I don't know rules about knowing the.mental state, or if the kid had a mental state at all .... But it isn't illegal for a kid to own a gun.
In NC it is, I dont know about MI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Ive never heard of a law saying a minor couldnt own one.

In the 70s high school kids used to take their rifles to school for their marksmanship clubs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:20 am Ive never heard of a law saying a minor couldnt own one.

In the 70s high school kids used to take their rifles to school for their marksmanship clubs.
Long guns and hand guns are treated very differently. In NC, no restriction on a rifle for < 18
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

San Jose could try to ask for $25/year and require insurance for gun owners.

Great, more laws to punish law abiding gun owners. That'll stop gun violence!

I'm in favor of the required training and whatnot, but the "fees" are just more taxes. The insurance thing seems like a long term ploy to bring insurance companies into the gun debate and make them liable in some future shooting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:28 pm Another shooting stabbing spree in NM.
stabbed + stable better than lead + dead
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:41 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:28 pm Another shooting stabbing spree in NM.
stabbed + stable better than lead + dead
This is the response I was expecting.

A knife in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they're doing is the same as someone doing the same with a gun. Get on YouTube and you can find videos of two people at point blank range emptying their clip at one another and hitting nothing.

Going after the means of an attack rather than what lead to the attack shows a complete lack of desire to solve the real problems.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:56 pm This is the response I was expecting.
Maybe because it's true?

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:57 pm Maybe because it's true?
Did you know that computers make someone more efficient and reduce the time to do a task? We should ban them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Stab someone in self defense, and they're still alive to lie and say they weren't the aggressor.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Reading an article about black people owning weapons, came across this one:
“Whether you’re a illegal firearm owner or have a registered CPW [criminal possession of weapon] permit,
I mean. Is it even worth reading/listening to the news any more? They are just so. . . stupid. I RARELY read the news. And this is a big reason why.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

There are some who will say they think the news lies to them most of the time, but they can't not just use it. They're addicted to being kicked in the balls.