The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Goodness, cost is plummeting.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:52 am Goodness, cost is plummeting.
At that rate, gas will be like $1.80 by the end of his term.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Still higher than during trumps term.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:52 am Still higher than during trumps term.
Racist.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

Girlfriend says "it isn't like presidents have a gas prices dial."

Argumentative me: "weeelllll.... It isn't like it doesn't have an affect when on day 1 in office they say 'no more pipeline, more exploration, no more offshore platforms.' Futures go up immediately."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:01 pm Girlfriend says "it isn't like presidents have a gas prices dial."
WHAT? WHAT? PRESIDENTS ARE OMNIPOTENT!
GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:01 pm "weeelllll.... It isn't like it doesn't have an affect when on day 1 in office they say 'no more pipeline, more exploration, no more offshore platforms.' Futures go up immediately."
So far he's had about zero impact. Policy matters, but, funnily enough, policy is still what Trump did, as the courts reinforced his decisions on leasing earlier this year, so Biden couldn't stop it. What's really happening is just simple supply and demand, and frackers being much more cautious to re-open wells in the US figuring they could get bit any time if we have more people staying home due to a newer variant, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Gordon, tell your girlfriend the biggest issue with American politics is people not holding their own party to the same standards as they hold the opposition. One can admit Trump or Biden are dogshit without thinking the other is awesome.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:21 pm So far he's had about zero impact.
The two cents were showcasing his impact from releasing whatever portion of the U.S.' own oil reserves he did release. So yes, zero, which is what experts were saying that's the effect it would have.

The sad part is that graph was meant to show how much he's done, and not how little impact he's had.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:21 pm What's really happening is just simple supply and demand, and frackers being much more cautious to re-open wells in the US figuring they could get bit any time if we have more people staying home due to a newer variant, etc.
It's also OPEC refusing to increase production.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:05 pm It's also OPEC refusing to increase production.
OPEC isn't very relevant, if frackers were to ramp up.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Modern day slavers are butt hurt Biden imposed a diplomatic boycott of their latest Olympic Games.

First of all, I cannot imagine a more flaccid response to the greatest threat the world currently faces than not sending politicians on a vacation there.

Secondly, fuck China.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:35 am Modern day slavers are butt hurt Biden imposed a diplomatic boycott of their latest Olympic Games.

First of all, I cannot imagine a more flaccid response to the greatest threat the world currently faces than not sending politicians on a vacation there.

Secondly, fuck China.
So sick of China. Anyway, if I die soon...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Dems should really stop dicking around with all their stupid social programs, and just boost the minimum wage. Get those people off the government tit. Employment will barely change.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:26 pm Get those people off the government tit.
Counterpoint: They don't want them to be off the tit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:51 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:26 pm Get those people off the government tit.

That thought popped into my head as I was typing, but I dont think it's a win in the US. Just make it simple. Pay people real wages.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:58 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:51 pm

That thought popped into my head as I was typing, but I dont think it's a win in the US. Just make it simple. Pay people real wages.
I feel like I should make a snarky comment about capitalism and Adam Smith's fisting hand, but I will refrain. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:11 am I feel like I should make a snarky comment about capitalism and Adam Smith's fisting hand, but I will refrain.
I've never said capitalism was perfect.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I think giving capitalism a free hand used to work, but it doesn't any more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 am I think giving capitalism a free hand used to work, but it doesn't any more.
So, how do you feel about the "robber barons"?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I don't have any strong feelings about them either way.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

No system is perfect, and I never said Catt was saying capitalism was perfect. :D

I don't believe a "set it and forget it" attitude is going to result in universal happiness in any system. Like Democracy there needs to be checks and balances.

I was discussing this at lunch today and I know what I'm going to name the book I write about this new capitalism:
"Everybody Cums: We all win when capitalism is done right" :D