Plant based "Meat" vs Meat

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My only fear is that this fake-meat takes off, and fucks up the existing economy of the real meat that actually tastes good.

God help us if this shit gets legislated. I'm going to build a privacy fence around my acre and grow some pirate beef cows.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, if the hippies want to eat this shit, go for it. But don't make me
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Yeah, if the hippies want to eat this shit, go for it. But don't make me
Liberalism is about control. You know they'd make you if they could, and they will try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: You know they'd make you if they could, and they will try.
I see no proof anywhere that this statement is false.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently they was a false report circulating that the elevated estrogen in the Impossible Whopper was enough for men to grow titties. Doing a Google search seems to bring politics into it for some reason. Lots of left leaning sites, like LGBQT sites, claiming this is all right wing bullshit.

However, it has sparked a discussion about whether or not a diet high in soy is good or bad for men. Studies seem to be mixed.

I've also heard the plant based burgers are lacking the "7 amino acids" that are critical for absorption of the nutrients or some shit?

I don't know. I do know that people who eat meat don't need to take supplements, and those who don't do. So...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Some meat definitely good. Some soy also good. That debates been around a while. Too much soy? Unknown.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Impossible Foods CEO blasts meat in the name of climate change.

He also wants to be the replacement for ALL meat by 2035.

This all makes sense IF the meat industry is such a huge polluter, which is contested. One of my college classes discussed all this and actual agricultural farming was considered to be even worse for the environment according to some studies.

You'd also have to be ok with the inevitable extinction of several species if we stopped eating meat as man would no longer have a use for them. Cows being the most obvious example.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Do you know what cattle grazing land looks like? Miles and miles of grassland which is so big you often don't even see any cattle, from the road. Don't let someone post a pic of a feedlot, which is where the cows spend the last 10 days of their lives to get marbled, and call it "cattle grazing land." Yeah it takes 10x more energy to produce a pound of meat vs. a pound of grass, but fuck grass. That's what cows eat.

Really.... meat is plant-based.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »