The Boys (Amazon)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am The one that made it seem like it was Dexter. She noped out and didn't give it another chance. Ah well.
Given Season 2, probably a good idea.
Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:48 am Season 2 will come with a short film featuring Billy Butcher to fill in some of where he's been.
Somehow I missed this.
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 am Only one scene was too much for Amazon to allow from Season 1.

If you don't want to click, it was Homelander jerking off over the city after Stillwell gave him a talking to.
Guess they got over that eh?

Season 2 was solid, not as good as Season 1, but I liked it, and the setup for S3. Did they say it would be the final season?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Finally binged season 2.

William Butcher is one of the greatest anti-heroes ever created and Karl Urban just absolutely owns every scene he's in. The acting in this show is off the charts awesome. There is not a single weak performance.

I really liked this season. They upped the level of "this is how supes would work in the real world" and nail it. I even really dug how Scientology shows up. That had to piss off the real church and its flunkies.

FYI, being a government sanctioned team is basically the reality of The Boys in the books, so Season 3 might not be a final season, but rather a beginning. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and don't be a cunt.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like they're trying to satirize something? But it's all so subtle I can't quite figure it out.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

These are going to be released on the 7th of every month for 7 months, which I assume is when season 3 hits?

Kind of a cool way to remind viewers, particularly bingers, that the show is out there.

I assume that guy is a take on Tucker Carlson, Don Lemon, or an amalgam of all the talking heads. It's clearly propaganda approved by Vaught. The mention of Blindspot or whatever his name was made me laugh. Homelander is such a dick...
GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

2 episodes from being done with S2.

The scene with Homelander slaughtering the protesters being a fakeout is pretty lame.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

Finished the season. Couple thoughts:

1. After Meave came out (well, was outted by Captain USA), and of course Vought cashes in on the marketing.... there was a super-subtle joke, "Queen Meave's Vegetarian Lasagna... It's Meatless!" prolly spelling her name wrong. Best joke of the season.

2. i'm forgetting what else i wanted to say. it'll come to me later
GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

Oh, I remember.

2. Stormfront... did anyone else know that "stormfront" was a big website for the white power crowd? It sort of broadcasted the big twist with her.

Also, her entire reason to exist was to show that the general public is dangerously stupid. All season long they illustrated that public opinion could easily be swayed with, literally, a few memes. They literally showed this with Fat Neil swimming in propaganda, and shooting a sales clerk. Like 10 episodes, and the public swings back and forth, extreme to extreme, loving this person, then hating them, then loving them, then hating them, then forgetting he killed a dude 4 days ago, on camera.

This show is super cynical.

It's why I was hesitant to watch it.

Fortunately I'm in a place right now where "cynical" doesn't faze me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:35 pm This show is super cynical.
Yes.

But... is it wrong?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:35 pm This show is super cynical.
Yes.

But... is it wrong?
No.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

Which circles us around to a conversation we had a few pages ago, about the great majority of people being garbage.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

People are the worst.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Billy Butcher looks like he's evening the playing field.

Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

S3 out today on Prime.

This and Orville on the same weekend? Shit. I really want to be done with school.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:42 am S3 out today on Prime.

This and Orville on the same weekend? Shit. I really want to be done with school.
Just wait til more eps are out :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

I will probably let them run on mute in the background while I'm doing school work. I won't see the episode, but I'll be giving them views or "votes for more seasons".