Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I could see some Company Gunny telling an off-base E3 to run 7 miles to the base, in order to be on time for formation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:50 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE RIGHT STATE, BUDDY!
To be fair to panic boy, the trucker shortage is expected to cause stations throughout the U.S. to run out of gas occasionally this summer.
It's been my experience that when there's a shortage of something, Ohio makes sure NW Ohio suffers first. Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland get priority. Those are the other corners of the state.

SO, if there's a gas shortage and Columbus is going to ration, Toledo will suffer first.
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

What are gas prices at in the panic?

Our non-panic price is like $4.50 and up. FFFF
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:57 pm Our non-panic price is like $4.50 and up. FFFF
We're almost to $3 :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:57 pm Our non-panic price is like $4.50 and up. FFFF
$2.60-ish here today.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:00 pm
We're almost to $3 :)

No wonder ya'll are hording gas. $2.6 my lord.

To make it even more ridiculous - I can see the 3,000 acre Chevron west coast refinery from the north slope of my neighborhood. THE ONE THAT REFINES GASOLINE.

e: good deals on propane, tho
Last edited by Troy on Tue May 11, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

What's propane?
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:12 pmWhat's propane?
I want to say slightly under $2. I filled up grill and firepit and was really surprised how low it was. But to get a good deal you need to go to one of the facilities near the refinery and not the gas station swaps.
Last edited by Troy on Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I get 4 gallons for about $14. I fill my own tanks, though.... tank exchanges are for suckers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:18 pm
I want to say slightly under $2. I filled up grill and firepit and was really surprised how low it was. But to get a good deal you need to go to one of the facilities near the refinery and not the gas station swaps.
I meant what is propane? We only use NG.

Tanks are for suckers. :P
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:18 pm
I meant what is propane? We only use NG.

Tanks are for suckers. :P

But Propane is Natural Gas?

Being facetious - we use NG for heating too. I'm still confused at the distinction since NG has Propane in it...
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I have a NG line (no big tank out back) to my house, it's my stove, furnace, and water heater. Much cheaper than electricity.

I've looked at running a line to my back patio, and getting a "permanent" NG outdoor grill. My understanding is that you need to buy a conversion kit.

I also heard NG doesn't cook as well as propane.

I only go out 2-3 times a year to fill up my 2 4-gallon tanks, and I grill year round. It isn't enough of an inconvenience for me to run that NG line under my house.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:34 pm I've looked at running a line to my back patio, and getting a "permanent" NG outdoor grill. My understanding is that you need to buy a conversion kit.
We have an NG line to our grill. We have an NG grill, so no conversion needed.

Looks like propane has 2.5x the BTUs. That being said, my grill has no problem going up to 700 degrees. So it must just flow more volume than a propane grill does.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:27 am Isn't your pipeline. Just us east coasters.
The hoarding started yesterday. Today, I went to lunch, and every gas station I passed had lines into the streets.
All of the gasoline is gone.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

"We didn't mean to make any problems for people," the malware people claimed stupidly, while scanning the skies for American drones.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:33 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:27 am Isn't your pipeline. Just us east coasters.
The hoarding started yesterday. Today, I went to lunch, and every gas station I passed had lines into the streets.
All of the gasoline is gone.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Kay
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

No Premium on MCB Camp Lejeune.
UPDATE: There is no longer any Premium-grade gas available at any MCCS gas stations on MCB Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River.
Those Marines do enjoy unnecessarily using Premium. I know I did.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

I waited in line last night for 10 minutes and got gas. The weirdest thing was the station I went to had like 8 sets of pumps. But people were making a line (that went into the highway) for the single closest pump. And they just kept doing it, so I drove around 5 cars to get to a pump that only had 2 cars in line.

Supposed to go camping this wkend, 300 miles round trip. Hmmm.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:08 am I waited in line last night for 10 minutes and got gas. The weirdest thing was the station I went to had like 8 sets of pumps. But people were making a line (that went into the highway) for the single closest pump. And they just kept doing it, so I drove around 5 cars to get to a pump that only had 2 cars in line.
See the quote three posts above...

Something I've noticed is that people get confused on how to line up based on which side of their car the gas tank is located.