Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought a Round 6 of Twitch drops would kick off last night or today, but no.

Do we have to wait for March 4th for another round? Or are they just done?

I know Round 5 is over, but oddly Buddha's facemask has moved down to general drops. Why move it now?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:12 pm Do we have to wait for March 4th for another round?
Yeppers
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let me know if you guys go to a specific server when the new month starts. I'd be out for the first weekend, but could join you later.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:37 pm Let me know if you guys go to a specific server when the new month starts. I'd be out for the first weekend, but could join you later.
Next weekend we could try to make a village on a weekly server if people are down.

i.e. - pick a low pop server, find an interesting area, everyone teams so we can talk and see each other, but everyone also builds their own house.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm in. I have been off the last couple of weeks, but would be in for this next wipe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm booked this weekend and now next weekend is looking iffy, but I can farm during the week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jumped on the helicopter practice server yesterday for a few minutes while eating lunch. I successfully took off, flew to the nuke plant and then landed inside the undamaged silo. I'm still making tons of mistakes, but I'm getting better.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's 3pm. What server are we playing on?!?!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let me know. I can get on tomorrow during the day, and possibly during the upgrade.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:02 pm It's 3pm. What server are we playing on?!?!
I thought we were doing next weekend because of commitments this weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:49 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:02 pm It's 3pm. What server are we playing on?!?!
I thought we were doing next weekend because of commitments this weekend.
That was the impression I got as well.

I'm still going to log on somewhere and practice tonight.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm on 3/4 | Rustic Lodge | Solo/Duo/Trio|BetterAntiCheat|NoAbuse

I picked it because of the NoAbuse. I'm not sure who likes to play on the servers that support abuse.

Population was at 125 when I logged off. It's a big map, because I couldn't find a smaller one. It goes to X23 or something like that. I'm in R15 (I think). Managed to get a base down, but I get killed every time I go out trying to get scrap. I'm near an Oxym's, Launch site, and power plant. I'm between two subway stations. Lots of food and resources.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Zelda agreed to join the village next week. She built a base once last year and did oil with me more than once. Once escaping getting wiped and scooping me from shore back in the early days. Her other Rust skills are questionable.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don't forget that the new Twitch drops are active. (Only one person streaming right this second.)
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 am I get killed every time I go out trying to get scrap.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 am I'm near an Oxym's, Launch site, and power plant.
Those two things are related.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 am It's a big map, because I couldn't find a smaller one.
I prefer big maps. Small maps are just death matches that eliminate much of the game. For example: I was watching PrinceVids last night try to do an "oil rig only" challenge for a wipe. Essentially, he was only allowed to go to the Outpost and oil rig. No looting anything else. Long story short, the experiment failed because he was on a small map and despite him being a good PvPer there were simply too many people. Plus, playing solo once a Russian zerg moved in next to him, he was fucked.

I'll probably jump on that server at some point today just to see if I can get a starter base built, but it won't work for next week. If you, me, Troy, Zelda, and anyone else join up we'd be violating the solo/duo/trio rule unless we're just not going to work together?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Per the text, you can ally, but don't travel/work in groups larger than 3.

Ohhh. So you're saying where there is good stuff, I'm going to find people?!?!

I will add that most of the global chat is friendly among the regulars. As in, they are an unofficial large group of people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 pm Per the text, you can ally, but don't travel/work in groups larger than 3.
So we will just be existing on the same server, but not actually playing together?
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 pm Ohhh. So you're saying where there is good stuff, I'm going to find people?!?!
Actually, I was meaning to say the Launch Site is the problem. I think that's the monument that gets the most action. But yeah, build in a cluster of monuments and expect to get ganked/raided a lot.

I am on the server and somehow made it from the East coast to the SW without seeing anyone or being seen. Even got a pig and bear on the way. I have a starter base setup in T19. Jumping back on to get some wood to smelt metal, and then I'll be off to take a midterm.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:04 am I picked it because of the NoAbuse. I'm not sure who likes to play on the servers that support abuse.
Texas 4/20 Noobs Welcome [Hackers enabled] [Admin Abuse] [Communicable Disease plug-in] [Triple decay]
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm East coast to the SW
I meant West to SE.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:36 pm I meant West to SE.
My brain flagged your original statement. "That's odd. I was constantly spawning in the NW". Once I got out of the spawn hot spot, I didn't see anyone either. Until after I built my house and went scavenging.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw quite a few bases, but only two that were significantly built up.