Trouble in River City

unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I think that is what we have right here. I can't scan my computer with Norton anti-virus as it either freezes up are I get the computer has a fatal error messege that leads me to no good. Any advice anyone?
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Start with a scandisk. Get into "My Computer," right click on your hard drive, select the Tools tab, then run error checking.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Second, boot into Safe Mode, then run Norton Antivus. Something else (like a virus or malware) can stop you from running Norton Antivirus.

To boot into Safe Mode, turn the computer on, tap the F8 button ever couple seconds, then select "Safe Mode" when the boot menu appears.

You might even consider downloading Antivir, saving it to your desktop, then installing it from Safe Mode. It'll check your computer for viruses at the end of installation. Be sure to uninstall it before rebooting though, because you don't want it and Norton running at the same time.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Done and did. Norton says everything just fine. Of course a car engine usually runs its best race just before it explodes.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

Reformat and rebuild from the ground up. Just did it to my machine. It should be done every 6 months to a year.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Bring your case down in a couple weeks and I'll take a long look at it.