Iron, Sick Kills, and Skillpoints

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Oi! Haven't posted here for a while, but I stole Taran to Iron, so I figured I'd get back to posting.

Been busy lately climbing the Grand Teuton, working and now school. Still finding late nights to play tho, so it's allll good.

Joined Iron because I was hitting the wall as a Fleet Commander, I needed some very experienced pilots to continue training, and I'm working on the FC program in Iron.

After a lot of the summer not playing, I've been having fun lately, getting lots and lots of fights and kills.

If anyone ever logs in and just wants to kill stuff, I can usually put you on some action. I can't gurantee we'll all come out alive, but I can usually gurantee action.

I'll give a battle account because I haven't given a few in a while, and I know while some people don't play the game, they still like to hear about it.

First Fleet Battle in Iron:

A friendly Alliance had begun construction on an Outpost early Sunday, they messed up the materials list, and the unfinished structure was hanging in space long enough for an enemy recon team to find it and recongize it's weakeness.

Turns out, the outpost wasn't done yet, and could be shot while it was under construction (not when it was finished)
THe enemies sent a fleet of battleships up, and blew away the friendly alliance defense fleet in an hour long running battle.

About halfway through that, Iron gets a distress call, along with another friendly bigger alliance, D2. We decide it's far away so we'll just send a nimble Heavy Assault Cruiser Gang. D2 sends the whole Battlefleet, with 70-80 sniping battlesips and support. We head the 20 jumps and link up with the D2 fleet.

In system, the enemy has just finished wiping out the last pockets of resistance, and word reaches them that we are coming, and they take up camping/sniping positions on the inbound gate. D2 spear heads the charge, lagging the shit out of the Hole of Eve for about 15 seconds as 100 ships jump in and engage.

Our gang waits a bit and jumps in, using emergency warp to get out of the main fight. We reform and hunt down the enemy warp out point (In fleet battles, bses line up at long range and shoot until they get primaried, warping to a safe spot and then back to the battle) Our gang finds the spot, and we merrily wreck havoc in the enemy back field. We got quite a few bses, and D2 ended up retaking the gate. So Huzzah, and all that nonsense.

For Taran: I finally get even with those EE Bozos.

Well, I logged on and headed to J-C our old base, where i had previously lost a battleship in a heavily outnumbered battle me and Taran got stuck in with.

Plenty of reds out, and I didn;t have any support other than myself(Falcon) and Agehas new super tanked apoc class battleship. I play games with them for a little bit to get to know their force compesition. Turns out it's two Ravens, a blackbird, Brutix, Caracal (which i put into structure while probing their forces) and three high tech frigates.

There is a friendly in system, who I gang with and he uses a quick ship to take out two frigates and draw first blood. I notice they don't scout too much, and will all warp somewhere blindly if it looks like you are headed that way as well.

I hatch a plan to get rid of some support ships while the friendly goes and gets a bigger ship to help with the ravens. First I put a bubble up at 100k off a stargate and put The Falcon 20k from it so I can warp to him without gettign sucked out of warp, but still stay in optimal gun range. Then I warp ageha to the station, show myself in the Apoc and warp to Tas, making it look like i'm going to the Stargate.

I land out of warp, uncloak Tas and scan. Sure enough, the whole enemy fleet is incoming. Blam! They are sucked out of warp right in my optimal, THe blackbird doesnt even know hes being targeted as he is jammed and ripped apart by Ageha before he can react. I jam the ravens and Ageha focuses on the Carcal nexts, he must have been paying attention or had some speed mods, because he gets out of the bubble and the fuck out of their in half armor.

The frigates start moving towards me, so I jam them and get both my guys out....

So scratch a blackbird and two frigs. I rattled the Caracal so badly that he never showed up again to fight, so I can count that as succesful too.

Anyway, Friendly returns in a Armageddon class battleship, like Ageha's but without half the tank and a much higher damage potential.

Ageha is docked at the station and the remaining EE's are outside, buzzing around and looking important.

When the friendly is in place I undock and begin slugging it out at close range, Tackling a Raven but with my Mega Pulse Lasers blasting at the nearest Battlecruiser. He warps away quickly, and i continue to scare off the frigs. Tas jams a raven and Ageha's Dual Repping Tank is whirring away, cap booster pumping more energy into her capacitor.

Support ships start to redline and warp out and the Friendly arrives on the scene. I jam all but the ravens, so they will still Agress and not dock, and we pick one and focus fire. His ship punched with lasers, he goes down hard. They start to panic at this part, support getting the hell out of Dodge, We start focusing on the next raven and It is at that point I notice Ageha is low on Energy, and that also, I'm repping myself when I'm not even dmged anymore(The dual repping setup is officially L33T). Raven goes down with a bang and heralds a complete masscre for EE forces that day. Two ravens, 2 frigates, a cruiser kills to no losses on our side.

Not bad for two guys and three characters.

Oh yeah, skill points!

Ageha has 11m now, nearly 6m of which are in GUNS!

Tas has 10.5 and thanks to way better learning skills will soon pass ageha in training.

Edited By Troy on 1157473957