Gordon. . . about you murder counts

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You should start macroing them off. The short term anyway. The short term are what determines your statloss. You don't have to macro off the long terms to stay blue if you don't want to. But you should definately get rid of the short terms so you don't take stat loss. 2 hours each.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Mmm k.

Stat loss just means that if I die I can't res until I macro the short term counts off......... or not?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You can res any time. But if you have more than 5 counts, you have statloss. So, it doesn't prevent ressing, you just might get hit. And you can macro them off while a ghost as well.

And it seems the way you are suppose to do that is at the brit bank while you spam over and over how newbie'ish the people that killed you are. . .
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well yeah, I knew I could res at any time. Just with statloss unelss I macroed them off as a ghost.

I wonder if that's what Vagita was doing last night after we killd him.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I let my dood sit overnight, went from 4 short terms to 2.

I've had 2 short terms since I logged in at 10am. Been 2.5 hours so far.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok, right after I posted that ^^^ I'm down to 1 count.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You know, if we go order/chaos we could PK a portion of the server without getting murder counts...

same with factions...
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Server reboots at like 2am or something and you lose connection.

O/C and Factions mostly takes place in town. And if you go in town while red, you'll have alot of people on you. They both open up options, but at the same time, it could cause more problems.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

we'd just need to declare on the bigger guilds so that opens up more free targets for us
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This seems like as good a juncture as any to ask.

What's the general opinion on this server? What's the suckage?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's ok on my end.... potentially ass-fucking on cake's end (pun).
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It's ok on my end.... potentially ass-fucking on cake's end (pun).
What I meant was how close to UO does this actually come?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pretty close.

I think it has everything UOR had except the bad thing: Trammel.

Everything else... crushing/stunning blows, disarm moves, factions, etc are here and I can live with. And mind blast does more damage to a 100/100/25 stat person... etc. In my opinion that wasn't the stuff that killed UO... it meant there were more viable templates for characters. I'm ok with that.

But cake may be forced to dump the server, so stand by.

Edited By GORDON on 1153685664
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Story goes:

Wife wanted a custom house to play with. Only way to get a custom house is to donate cash to the server. So we did. $28 for the biggest custom available. Fine and dandy. Get the deed in the bank and she runs out and looks for a spot. Thing about placing houses and my wife is, she places them at least 10 times before settling on one. She likes to see what it looks in any given spot, etc. So, she finds the first potential spot and puts it down. It was a cool spot, not the best, whatever. So, like she's done with other houses on the server so far, many times. . . she demolishes it to try it someplace else. However, there's a catch. For whatever reason, custom house deeds don't go back to your bank. They simply go away. . . So, 5 minutes after donating $28 to the server, our item is gone. No warning, no disclaimer, no nothing. So, we start going through normal channels (Page GM, message boards, ICQ and email server admins, etc). General consensus on the message board is. . . we're screwed. Other people that learned this same lesson the hard way have not been compensated and never got any kind of response from the admins.

So, if we don't hear from them in the next few days, we'll let them know we intend to dispute the charges through paypal and work on getting our money back. We figure this move will get us banned from the server.

So, we'll see.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Other than that, I have no complaints. It's free (except for the wife's desires). It has a decent population. Server rules are some that I can live with. They seem to try to cater to the population with games and stuff. Of course there would be some things that I'D change. . but, I'm not going to get into that with them. I'm gonna just play their server till I don't feel like it any more. So, it's not bad.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Update: Wife ended up buying a second one from them cause she wanted to get started playing. Not sure if the fact that we spent $66 our first month on their server had anything to do with it. . . But a server admin responded to our ICQ requests for help. He asked if we wanted the first deed returned to us, or a refund. We opted for the refund.

So, they took care of the problem, even though other people had reported that the admins didn't help them in similar situations (they lost $12 deeds).

So, good server and good admins so far.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Best admins money can buy?

;)