Abortion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by GORDON »

It's more of an anti-chaos platform.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Georgia's new abortion law

Post by Vince »

Unfortunately Antifa defines anyone that is right of them as fascist. That's why this is very dangerous. Many on the left have suddenly found themselves in the "fascist" territory of radical leftists for simply engaging in conversation with people that are deemed guilty of "wrongspeak". Unless you're an anarchist communist, then you will eventually be in their cross hairs. They accuse the orthodox Jew Ben Shapiro of being a neo-nazi. That's how insane they are.

Also, the SPLC are grifters. They have to keep those donations rolling in. Otherwise how will they pay for that big shiny building and all those salaries for lawyers? A bit more on their money issues. The FBI stopped using them as a data source a couple of years ago because they've become so shady.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

Film Studios Donate to John Bel Edwards After Hollywood Trip

This is the same governor that signed into law the heartbeat bill similar to Georgia's. Apparently it's not a violation of a woman's rights if there's a magical D by your name.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm not sure how anyone comes out not claustrophobic as hell. Makes me feel closed in just watching it.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Because this seems like as good a place as any for an abortion catch-all...
Bwahahahaha!!!
Vince

Post by Vince »

Wen wrote a NYT editorial about her leaving PP. I don't have a subscription, so I can't read the whole thing. The excerpts I've seen look like she's completely blowing up the whole, "abortion is only 3% of what we do" cover.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I support the right to an abortion within reason. But this argument makes no sense to me.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by Leisher »

Nebraska's GOP gov thinks rape victims should carry babies full term.

I'm not exactly on the front lines of the abortion argument nor someone who would rank it in the top 50 things I am concerned with politically, but this is fucking stupid.
"Even a baby as a result of rape or incest is a gift from God!"
"It's a pretty shitty gift, don't you think?"
-Jim Norton
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by Leisher »

Just in case you think conspiracy theories are purely for right wingers.

Period tracking app data may be used against you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by Leisher »

That is one hell of a stat.

And in the name of all that is holy, don't read into it or you might realize some other disturbing truths about that number.
GORDON
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by GORDON »

I always assumed people who loved abortion, hated minorities.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:05 pm That is one hell of a stat.

And in the name of all that is holy, don't read into it or you might realize some other disturbing truths about that number.
Well, the basic conclusion is "unwanted babies turn into criminals," but no shortage of people have read other things into this. The original study was 20 years ago and quite controversial when it came out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by GORDON »

"Tell republicans that mostly colored babies get aborted so then they'll love abortion."

~TheCatt, probably
TheCatt
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:18 pm "Tell republicans that mostly colored babies get aborted so then they'll love abortion."

~TheCatt, probably
Racist. I said crime, nothing about race.
GORDON
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by GORDON »

That was mostly about how you hate republicans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:20 pm That was mostly about how you hate republicans.
Only the ones that deserve hate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:24 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:20 pm That was mostly about how you hate republicans.
Only the ones that deserve hate.
So...most? Which happens to be the exact same number of Ds that also deserve our hate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by Leisher »

Lawmakers want Google to ban or better label certain results and ads when someone searches for "abortion clinics".
"Directing women towards fake clinics that traffic in misinformation and don't provide comprehensive health services is dangerous to women's health and undermines the integrity of Google's search results," the letter states.
What do they mean by "fake clinics"? Are there fake abortion clinics out there or just fake websites that steer unsuspecting folks away?

Also, I'm not certain that we want people who cannot distinguish between an ad and a legit search results to become parents...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Abortion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:28 pm What do they mean by "fake clinics"? Are there fake abortion clinics out there or just fake websites that steer unsuspecting folks away?
Man, there are hundreds if not thousands. They are real physical places.
Here's one near us.