Weird Al

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Weird Al

Post by Malcolm »

I swear to fucking god there's a thread for him but search won't find it. In town tonight on the second go-around of the Mandatory World Tour. Tix were going from $160-300 on resale sights. Original price: $76.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: Weird Al

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, maybe I should check the price of mine :) I've got 1st or 2nd row next month.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had to buy five in a row, so I got some respectable balcony level seats. Should still be ok. Next time, I may splurge on the VIP M&G and get some vinyl inked.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Weird Al was amazing. I didn't know what to expect before the show, him singing his songs, I guess, but it was fantastic. He did a set of his Polka variations, acoustic versions of some of his classics (Eat It), and then had video splices of material from his movies, or shorts, and popular references to him from Friends, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, etc, etc. He played all the greats, and closed with the Star Wars song.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Set list Based on a few other shows, looks like he's doing the same show everywhere.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

After 2-3 times, he finally did "Dare to Be Stupid."
Malcolm

Weird Al

Post by Malcolm »

Weird Al has has released a box set. It's like the music gods are praying on my most innate weaknesses.
Malcolm

Weird Al

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote: Weird Al has has released a box set. It's like the music gods are praying on my most innate weaknesses.
I believe I chemically induced myself into ordering this a couple days ago.