Microsoft Audit

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So apparently Microsoft is auditing a LOT of people lately. I'm betting it has something to do with the new president, and I'm betting will artificially bump earnings next quarter.

My Dell rep confirmed that "a ton" of his clients are in the process of being audited, one of our vendors I had to talk to about the process said they are, and an IT consultant we use said four more of their clients are going through it.

I'm one of the companies that is being audited. It's a standard and friendly process, but a pain in the ass. I'm finishing it up today, and we're in good shape. I only need to grab a couple of Office licenses to cover growth that we didn't account for, but I'm fine in all other areas.

So be aware if you're in charge of such things that you might want to save yourself some headaches and make sure your licenses are in order.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

... and I'm betting will artificially bump earnings next quarter.

I think retiring XP will do that.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just got notification that after months of back and forth, our audit is over. We are legal, and didn't need to buy any additional licenses.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Audit

Post by Leisher »

Hooray, we're being audited again!

Seriously, the new Microsoft CEO is an asshole appeasing the stockholders and nobody else.
Malcolm

Re: Microsoft Audit

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Seriously, the new Microsoft CEO is an asshole appeasing the stockholders and nobody else.
I can't believe they found someone more clueless than Ballmer. That had to take effort.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."