Descendents

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Descendents

Post by Malcolm »

They're playing a local venue in September. There's a better than average chance the entire band will be rehearsing their material at the practice space closest to there. What's more interesting is that I know someone who knows someone that used to rent a room there and still has a key. Could get the entire post '86 catalog inked.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Re: Descendents

Post by Malcolm »

Pared down the albums I'm keeping on standby. One copy of the latest LP (if I can get it here in time), one copy of the latest EP ordered. If they're practicing, chances are it's next week.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Both albums here. As a bonus, I was cleaning the apartment and found my untorn ticket from the viewing of their film back a couple years ago from the music fest in Chicago. Will make a decent trio of autograph fodder.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

My buddy was tired and sick yesterday, so the stalking planned the day prior to the show was axed. After getting sicker today, he made the ride to the show and had to spend the entire time in the car. That was after he bought tix for himself and two others. Sucks to be him. He's convinced his thyroid is fucked.

On the flip side, I still had albums I needed gussied up that I sort of bought at his nagging. Hung around after the show. Band members started to trickle out -- bassist, drummer, guitarist, all in signing moods. All well and good but Milo the frontman was doing some interview with someone. Security gave their last call as me and one other fan caved to defeat. A dozen steps away, I do a 180 and motherfucking Milo emerges. 4/4 sigs on latest LP, EP, and ticket stub. Trifecta. I know I can buy inked merch or spring for VIP M&Gs the same way I can get damn near any import or hard-to-find vinyl online. Scoring that record in a store in person feels a bit sweeter. In the same way, scoring the sig in person by waiting it out after the show by the backstage door feels like more of a win than buying it, especially with the last second finish.