The Cult

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Performing tonight at my second favourite venue.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Good show, if a little short. 14 + 2 songs. "She Sells Sanctuary" and "Fire Woman" were awesome. Ian Astbury went on a bit of a rant mid-show while signing some fan's album in between songs, probably to get him to stop waving the damn thing around and blocking everyone's view. Spouted off about how Spotify pays them a fraction of a cent for each play from their new album. I youtubed half their collection for free. Course, then I dropped cash on a ticket, then some concert swag, most likely getting a physical copy of the new album. He doesn't seem to get he should be giving away the music by now. That's the hook. Then you make real money off all the other shit I just mentioned. Also bemoaned the death of live music, which is baffling to me. There are more bands and venues than ever before and self-publishing is so fucking easy. If you want to profit off music alone, then pray your shit gets picked up for a TV advert or show or movie.

Edited By Malcolm on 1458942748
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of bands making money, whatever happened to bands selling CD's still warm from the burner of the show that people just saw? I heard it was a thing like 15 years ago but never encountered it. I'd have bought one of those at every concert I've ever been to.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Peter Gabriel did it for one show I saw.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They should all do it. That'd be awesome.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:They should all do it. That'd be awesome.
Yeah, you figure flash drives are cheap as shit and the stage is mic'd to hell. I bought the recording of my show.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Picked up the single run double white LP.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Picked up the single run double white LP.

Showed up today. Double w00t.

If the last show was any indicator, I might get him to sign it if I show up for the next one and wave it in the first few rows of people.