Ke$ha

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pissed at Dr. Luke and Sony. This is getting fairly big.
In the most high-profile statement of solidarity so far, Taylor Swift said on Sunday through her spokeswoman, Tree Paine, that she would donate $250,000 to Kesha “to help with any of her financial needs during this trying time.”

One of Dr. Luke's best buddies produced 1989. In fact, Dr. Luke and his associates produce a shitload of hit songs.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll be honest, being sexually and mentally abused would explain some of her behavior.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This shit continues to get weird. However, I am a bit concerned by the following:
The real enemy is this: People don't believe Kesha. People don't believe her because she doesn't have a rape kit with cold, hard, corroborated evidence. If Kesha wanted to ruin Dr. Luke's career, couldn't she have found a way that wouldn't involve going broke and having the entire public call her a deviant liar? Yeah, this "grand scheme" of Kesha's is going swell for her.

That evidence thing is a bitch, ain't it?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have always despised Ke$ha. Mostly because her name is stupid, and she was a drunken tramp on one of the New Year shows.

That's one of the reasons that gun to my head, I'd say she's telling the truth.

I know that's completely unfair of me, but something about this is telling me she's telling the truth...or at least a version closer to the truth.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

1) Taylor is giving her $250K. While that's like most people spending $20, it is subtly implying stories or variations thereof have been making their way around the industry for a bit. This definitely isn't the first time shit like this has gone down.

2) There are a lot of female artists coming out to support her, and something tells me a few of them may have taken a ride on this trolley at some point in their lives.

3) What's missing is anyone coming out of the woodwork to bat for Dr. Luke, a guy who's made people millions upon millions of dollars. I haven't heard one his producer friends sticking up for him, nor any of the other musicians he's worked with.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:I have always despised Ke$ha. Mostly because her name is stupid, and she was a drunken tramp on one of the New Year shows.
OMG, I remember that year. And then everyone around her started singing New York, New York, and she didn't even know the words.
That's one of the reasons that gun to my head, I'd say she's telling the truth.

I know that's completely unfair of me, but something about this is telling me she's telling the truth...or at least a version closer to the truth.

Yeah, I don't see her as complex enough to make all this up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:3) What's missing is anyone coming out of the woodwork to bat for Dr. Luke, a guy who's made people millions upon millions of dollars. I haven't heard one his producer friends sticking up for him, nor any of the other musicians he's worked with.
Other producers: With Dr. Luke gone more market for me!

Artists: I'm an artist, I never needed Dr. Luke.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I have always despised Ke$ha.

One of those musicians I despise myself for listening to.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Previous legal thing.
In 2010, both Kesha and Dr. Luke were defendants in a lawsuit brought by Kesha's former manager, DAS Communications, which is central to Gottwald's case. This suit took place after Kesha's alleged abuse, and according to DAS filings, Kesha as early as 2005 said Luke "engaged in certain unethical and unlawful actions against her." Recently unsealed depositions in the case – part of which Dr. Luke tweeted Monday – find Kesha stating that Gottwald "never made sexual advances" toward her. Kesha has claimed she was coerced to deny her rape, and it's worth noting that the time frame matches what's in Geragos' filing.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

G's favourite pop starlet totally has Ke$ha's back.
"I would be so amused, and pardon me if this comes across as sexist, but I don't think a male artist would be in this position right now."

I'll just leave that sentence right there.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:G's favourite pop starlet totally has Ke$ha's back.
I forgot she existed until just now. Thanks for that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Malcolm wrote:G's favourite pop starlet totally has Ke$ha's back.
I forgot she existed until just now. Thanks for that.
Not every day is Japanese great tit day, but I try to spread the torment around.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Just keeps going.
"I got offered my freedom IF i were to lie. I would have to APOLOGIZE publicly and say that I never got raped. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS behind closed doors. I will not take back the TRUTH. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again."

It doesn't help that every single pic of Ke$ha looks like she's stoned out of her mind.