MSN Messenger - ...could not be blocked.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Each time I start MSN Messenger I get 35+ strangers trying to add me. I am unable to block them. Each time I try to block a person I get the message, "<username> could not be blocked. Please try again later."

Every day I get a few more people trying to add me. So tomorrow I'll probably have 40 people pop up; next week it'll be 60.

The only thing I can find on this topic isn't any help.

I posted something in the MSN newsgroup, but I doubt that'll do any good.

I've tried submitting things through Microsoft forms, but they all lead to pages that no longer exist. I guess MSN suppost is teh $uXX0rz.

Anybody have any ideas?

I get the problem both at home and at work, so I think it might be on their end. My guess is that they limit the number of people an MSN account can block, and I reached my limit. I've tried ublocking people, that that doesn't allow me to block any more.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Maybe God is trying to add you to his address book. That's why you can't block them.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Believe it or not, MS contacted me and gave me a workaround for the problem.

I posted it it here in case anybody's interested.

Basically, I had to delete names from my blocked list. I had done it before, and it didn't work. In fact, it didn't work when I tried it again after receiving the email from MS. However, I deleted as many names as I could, clicked OK, waited 5 minutes, logged off, waited 5 minutes, logged back in, and suddenly I had the ability to burninate unwanted accounts.