Rust - Secret hideout plans

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Server was wiped.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

M4 in my first blue crate. I am Shiba, destroyer of worlds.

Also Zombies have better loot on this server.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

/location isn't in yet, and that sucks. I might have just found the greatest shack location on the server.

Only the door is visible, and thus, vulnerable. Plus, it's 5 seconds from a loot spawn that isn't in a rad area.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

They are wiping the server again.

My guess, the admins didn't like everyone else getting an 8 hour head start on them being that they spent all day getting the server up.

They should have told us all day that there would be another wipe.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If that is really the case, then they want to be the big dogs on the server, instead of just running a smooth server. I don't really like that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:If that is really the case, then they want to be the big dogs on the server, instead of just running a smooth server. I don't really like that.

Hey "fell off the cliff near our new(old?) house and died" buddy!

I managed to do it twice, too.

Edited By Troy on 1391325284
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I might just suck at the game if a new spawn can kill me with a rock when I am carrying a bow and arrow.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think they dialed the loot down? I haven't found shit worth a damn this morning. But I've got a homemade shell and a crappy made shotgun.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Just to confirm... the last server was going fine until the admin's buddies got their base blown up and suddenly that was it - no more server.

They sure could run around shooting newbies, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher is right about a ton of resources in that valley.

I built a shack near where TPR's was before the reset.

Also built one near Zombie Hill. Location approximate. Standard door codes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They wiped the server...again.

And they say they're done now. No commands. C4 is craftable.

Not sure I want to stick around.

I'm pretty pissed about it. Was talking to an admin, and he said, "We announced it last night."

As it turns out, they announced it at 2:30 in the morning.

The admin wasn't really apologetic about it.

I agree with Gordo that they want to dominate it.

I am officially done with that server.

Edited By Leisher on 1391369314
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:I think I might just suck at the game if a new spawn can kill me with a rock when I am carrying a bow and arrow.
I just don't think you understand the mechanics yet.

If you are running full speed (holding shift), he can never hit you with a melee weapon. Don't bother try to fight a guy holding a rock. He's got nothing worth taking.

Also, I didn't like it when you said, "I'm not starting over." You're not playing alone. Your stuff is our stuff, and vice versa. You just were far away from the base, and not having /location sucked.

I have a feeling that's all going to be fixed soon...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

They've altered the loot. Made it much harder to get good things. So far I've found 4 crappy guns (3 hand pistols, 1 pipe shotgun), and about 50 handmade bullets. I did find 3 research kits, but coolest thing I've found to make is metal windows.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We have a new server.

Trust me, you're going to like this one.

More details shortly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

New Server Shack location

Edited By TheCatt on 1391375921
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd tell you all the server name, but TPR hasn't named it yet.

Well, he has, but the change hasn't shown up to me yet. I believe it starts with "[DTM".

/location works.

Starter kits. (He's working on it.)

No craftable C4.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Another helpful tip:

I found that you can use flares at night, never actually consume one, and you don't have to throw it on the ground to do something else.

I equip the flare and light it. Run around till I find some resources. I drag the flares out of my equip slots and into my backpack. The flare goes out, into my pack, ready to be used again. Collect the resource. Requip the same flare. Repeat.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I found the house on TRU server. Looks like it's getting bigger.

I put a bunch of metal ore and wood planks in, spent two game days gathering resources across Hacker Valley on my way up here. I also put 2 Research Kits for fun, 1 has 1 use, 1 has 3 uses.

So far I've not used anything, just going bow and arrow style for now.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:I found the house on TRU server. Looks like it's getting bigger.

I put a bunch of metal ore and wood planks in, spent two game days gathering resources across Hacker Valley on my way up here. I also put 2 Research Kits for fun, 1 has 1 use, 1 has 3 uses.

So far I've not used anything, just going bow and arrow style for now.

Cool, I'm going to try to build up the tower tonight to make it a bit harder to raid. We have like 2k metal just lying around at this point, I guess I can make more doors and window bars? At this point we have no m4, explosives, or kevlar.

I'll be back home tomorrow and am hoping that it won't get raided and we lose the weapons stockpile by then. The server gets pretty active on the weekend and it appears they just upgraded the host so now it's 100 pop max instead of 50. It should be a busy weekend. Hopefully we get a chance to lose our weapons while logged in :)

The whole point of the house originally was to get some pvp out of it, so it's very expendable. I know Cake had mentioned keeping a far off stash house, which seems like a great plan for the excess higher end weapons we are getting.

Edited By Troy on 1392923728
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, there's a pretty sizable wood house directly east of us, same mountain. A smaller one further east of that that might be decaying. A glorious 7-8 story metal house down south near big rad. Some 6-7 level wood house I saw on beach mountain too. So it's certainly busy. I went up past Sweden and didn't see anyone/anything.