Shaco

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So since I need to learn jungle now I figured I'd better get a character for the jungle instead of GP.

Bought Shaco because he was only 3150.

I have played exactly 2 custom games as him, trying to learn his buttons.

First game I went the "recommended" items, won a 5v5 fairly easily.

Second game, 4v5, I decided to try for an AP Shaco, to try to make his jack-in-the-boxes uber powerful.... it can't be done. Base attack damage on a level 5 box is 95, with a 20% AP bonus... I have a feeling that has been nerfed down from something higher, because it is now weak as hell. With a half-ass AP build you only end up with like 95+35 damage. Weak. Our middle lane got pushed back to the Nexus turrets before I sold my items and inta-bought AD+speed. Turned the entire game around when I could just push hard, use the boxes to cover my back, and use the go-invis to escape ganks. I guess that is the way to go.

They really need to adjust Shaco's little splash page with his general abilities.... right now it says he is AD heavy, and just slightly less AP. That has been adjusted... taking AP on him is nearly worthless.

As far as I can tell.

Also, he can jungle without needing Smite, or a leash. Those boxes come in handy for that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Anytime you've been devastated by Shaco and his boxes, it was because he his a few of them there and was spamming his other abilities on you. When you turn to run, one of his abilities get super powered hitting you in the back.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Started playing with Shaco as well.

He is hard.

That's all so far.

Actually, I'll add that I went AP and my E was the game changer for me. I could slow the enemy with my box and then nuke them with my E and Q. I would use my ult if there were multiple enemies I wanted to take out. His E cools down in 6-7 seconds and hits for a ton. I'll try all AD later. That will really affect his E though. But the recommended items point towards AD.