Shen

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This guy is a whole new animal.

When I play as Shen, we need to change how we do things, compared to Singed with the flip or Nunu with the slowdown.

Shen's abilities:

Q - A "tag." A sword appears on a bad guy I target and does a little nit of damage, but whatever damage the rest of us do to that target returns to us as health while the tag is in effect. Essentially, group lifesteal for whoever Shen tags. This will be useful to let Teemo know who to target so he can get health back before the enemy assholes kill him.

W - A shield for Shen. A few more white squares of health appear for a few seconds. Will help Shen stay alive and tank so they don't target Teemo and kill him.

E - This is his "thrust ahead" move. Can be used to hop bushes and/or escape, but... whatever champions he "thrusts" through get taunted and target Shen. This could be useful to get assholes off of Teemo before they kill him.

Ult - I target a teammate, give then a shitload of shield, and like 3 seconds later Shen teleports to them ready to fight. This will be useful when Teemo is getting attacked and maybe Shen can get there before they kill him.

So... Shen is different from the tanks/initiators I usually play in that it isn't going to be really obvious who I snag and target for death, like when Singed snatches someone. I am honestly not sure how to play him yet... I have played him exactly twice and I am still not sure what I am doing, but I have a feeling it is going to be something like doing his zoom/taunt past their tanks to hit their squishy damage dealers, or conversely if they are on our damage dealer, taunt them off of him. Then maybe use the "tag" for asshole #2 after we kill the damage dealer so we can work the high health tank and get some health back.

I dunno.

I am not ready to play him for real, yet, obviously. Barely just won a 5v5. Lost the first 5v5.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

When I learn new champs, I often watch games of other people playing them. I see different builds and play styles and try to copy them. That's how I knew I was using Garagas wrong a while ago. They were playing completely different than I was and being WAY more effective. And it's also how I knew I would never be a good Garagas player because I couldn't replicate what they were doing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am not ready to play him for real, yet, obviously. Barely just won a 5v5. Lost the first 5v5.

Bots?

Cake will say you can't judge yourself by those games, and he's right to a point. It does teach you basics and gets you used to hitting certain keys for certain abilities, and in certain situations.

My criticism would be to not judge yourself based on if your team wins or loses there. Unless you're the damage dealer, your team will typically get pushed back, and as a tank, you shouldn't be the damage dealer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Build your team so you have a carry you can support. Or, push top and gank other lanes with your ult and then push. That's how you'd play him in a real game.