Competative tournament thread

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

However, let's be honest. To be competitive, we have some work to do. Please list your top three champs (or the ones you intend to play). Then, we will, as a team and in very friendly ways! let each other know our weaknesses. And it will be done out of love. . . Our primaries WILL get banned at some point. We have to have solid back ups.

I'm also opening the team roster up a bit. I want to have more than 5 people training with us. The easiest way to do that was to. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . Open things up to. . . . . . . . . . wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Scooty's friends. When I mentioned playing real games, he was very interested. Told him we weren't ready because we don't even have a solid/regular 5 right now. He started texting. There is some interest.

Scooty's friends will have to be reeled in just as mush as he does, I'm sure. But, the way I figure, if we have more than 5 on our team, the weaker links sit out for the tournaments. So, if they can't play with us, then they won't play with us! But if they are better than one of us, well, then one of us won't play! It will be up to the four of us to decide who enters the tournaments. And just as I won't hesitate to take myself or Scooty off the roster, I won't hesitate to take one of you off either. :-) Bottom line, I want to win. Or rather, I want TKV to win. Plus, having more than 5 means we can enter tournaments even if one of us can't make it.

So, anyway, there it is. I want to build a competitive team. And to do that, we will have to start trying a little harder than we have been.

All that being said, I have no delusions that I/we will be in a national 8 mill tournament. I don't want to make this a career. BUT, I do want to be competitive in the $100 tournaments. And I think we can do that with no more of a time commitment than we already make. We just start working on building an actual team.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

One tournament

We missed this one, but here's another.

One more. Missed this one too, but we can watch for more.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eh I guess.

Singed
Nunu
Singed.

Did I do that right?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

i would be up for this. I've been wanting to play ranked 5v5 for a while now, but we just haven't had our 5th. So yeah, i think opening the team up to more people is a good idea.

My prefered rolls would be support or jungle.

Support: Blitz, and Sona are obviously my regulars and my most comfortable. Leona would be my third choice here. I would be willing to practice Soraka and Lulu for another possibility.

Jungle: Skarner, Nautilus and Hecarim are my top three here. I've done all of them regularly and feel good about taking any one of these champs into a ranked game.

So if this gets any legs then i'm in for it. I would like to nail down a schedule of some sort, cause with poker, band practice and a new wife it's impossible to play every night right now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

One thing to consider in a tournament is, for example, if they see me be devestating as Singed in game 1, they will be sure to keep him banned every other game.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Then play some other champs for once...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm sorry, but who are you? We used to have a guy with your name that played LOL with us, but we haven't seen him in years. Someone who has played with us recently would know I don't only play Singed any more, because he gets banned from our ranked games.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Then it wouldn't matter if Singed gets banned then, cause you have other options.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This needs to be a live discussion so we avoid walls of text, skimming, misread or misinterpreted statements, etc.

The two gentlemen above are proving this to be true.

The initial conversation needs to be the four of us. Once things are settled there others can be brought in.

Also, let's leave the passive aggressive shit out of the conversation.

See you tonight!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Your mom.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why are you talking about my fantasy football team?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would agree that Gordon needs to pick up another champ along with Singed and Nunu. He has been playing Nunu more. I'll be paying more attention to see if he's any good at him though. :-)

Scooty is playing Wukong - Top, Xin - Jungle and he's not sure who his third will be.
Scooty's friend Grimorr asked what we needed. He's got a ton of experience having played longer than we have. But, we may have played more at this point. Anyway, I don't know his mains yet.

My mains are:
Rengar - Jungle
Noc - Jungle
Ashe - ADC
Ziggs - Mid
Veigar - Mid

I might be taking Rengar out due to the nurf hammer hitting him so hard. I prefer Veigar over Ziggs as well.

I'm checking out Elise. I'm considering picking up Katerina as another mid choice as well.

I've always wanted to learn Corki too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:Sign up here, I guess.

However, let's be honest. To be competitive, we have some work to do. Please list your top three champs (or the ones you intend to play). Then, we will, as a team and in very friendly ways! let each other know our weaknesses. And it will be done out of love. . . Our primaries WILL get banned at some point. We have to have solid back ups.

I'm also opening the team roster up a bit. I want to have more than 5 people training with us. The easiest way to do that was to. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . Open things up to. . . . . . . . . . wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Scooty's friends. When I mentioned playing real games, he was very interested. Told him we weren't ready because we don't even have a solid/regular 5 right now. He started texting. There is some interest.

Scooty's friends will have to be reeled in just as mush as he does, I'm sure. But, the way I figure, if we have more than 5 on our team, the weaker links sit out for the tournaments. So, if they can't play with us, then they won't play with us! But if they are better than one of us, well, then one of us won't play! It will be up to the four of us to decide who enters the tournaments. And just as I won't hesitate to take myself or Scooty off the roster, I won't hesitate to take one of you off either. :-) Bottom line, I want to win. Or rather, I want TKV to win. Plus, having more than 5 means we can enter tournaments even if one of us can't make it.

So, anyway, there it is. I want to build a competitive team. And to do that, we will have to start trying a little harder than we have been.

All that being said, I have no delusions that I/we will be in a national 8 mill tournament. I don't want to make this a career. BUT, I do want to be competitive in the $100 tournaments. And I think we can do that with no more of a time commitment than we already make. We just start working on building an actual team.
I skimmed this earlier but idn't really process it.

I am totally against the idea of being dumped from a game because a better "TKV" player is available. I just wont participate if that is the case.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, there's another tournament coming up. Is anyone ready to give this a try yet?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It would probably help us out if you posted the date of the tournament.

As stated, people want to try it out, but are schedules aren't exactly wide open.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We have two recruits. A veigar, who hasn't been very good yet, and a Wukong who was pretty good. Scooty is doing the recruiting at this point. Veigar is anxious to join us and Wukong seems indifferent.

The tournament Scooty wants to be in is massive. 128 teams, $1k to the winner, next 5 get RP. Tournament is over a number of days. Week or so. Not that it matters though. We'll be lucky to make it through 3 games. :-)

But, if we end up with more people to add to our games, then bonus.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Scooty might want to be added back to the board. I'll leave that up to Gordon. He's the one with all the tournament info. Since it's bigger than one I'd pick, I'm letting him lead it. Researching dates, times, requirements, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Still don't see any dates listed...

If we're bringing in a Veigar, a Wukong, and Scooty, where does everyone play?

Last I checked, we had an AD Carry, AP Mid, Support, and a top.

I realize that over a week there will be times when folks can't get on, if at all, but what if everyone is available? Who are the primaries, and how will the alternates feel about that?

At some point teammates have to be ranked and that's where feathers are going to get ruffled.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Everybody else will be cheating in these anyway, if they are unmonitored.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Our support has been MIA for weeks. Scooty is unpredictable. Our AD carry has been sick. Our top isn't sure he can commit to a full day of gaming.

I'm trying to build up a base of people that play so when a tournament shows up, we have a chance of fielding 5 players. When it comes to picking who's in it, I/we will deal with that when the time comes. As it is, everyone is sweating the details and not participating.

I've already said that I'd play with you before a stranger. But when I'm not sure I have a full commitment, I have to cover my bases.

Off the top of my head, when the time comes, we open the team up as a first come first served thing. We decide who's in from our group, then open up slots from there. Not going to worry about hurt feelings until we actually have a tournament lined up and >5 people who are going to participate.

The big tournament runs from the 17th to the 25th. 128 teams. No idea on times or anything like that yet.