Disney is Buying Marvel

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

She must have Epstein's list.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Disney fights back on loss of autonomy.
DeSantis would terminate the state’s agreements giving the company functional oversight of the land surrounding Walt Disney World via the Reedy Creek Improvement District. A hand-picked board of DeSantis cronies would take over the Reedy Creek board and thus control a lot of the land around the park and, presumably, really put the screws to Disney for the sin of being the state’s primary tourist attraction.
Board member Ron Peri said the group of five that Gov. Ron DeSantis appointed to take control of Disney’s “corporate kingdom” has very little power to govern.

“I cannot tell you the level of my disappointment in Disney. I thought so much better of them. This essentially makes Disney the government. This board loses, for practical purposes, the majority of its ability to do anything beyond maintain the roads and maintain basic infrastructure,” Peri said.The special counsel reported that the development agreement will last for decades and bars the new tourism board from making changes to properties without Disney’s approval.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Disney: "Hey, we'll develop, run, bring in tourists, and pay a shitload of taxes on this useless swampland, if you let us control ourselves within our own agreed borders."

State: "Bet."

50 years later:

State: "no this isn't fair, now that's it's developed and valuable i'm calling taksies backsies."

Fuck the government.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:53 am Fuck the government.
Amen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:03 am
GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:53 am Fuck the government.
Amen.
Wait until you guys hear about this document called the Constitution that the government wants to call taksies backsies on...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Sues DeSantis. Good, fuck that guy.
Walt Disney Co. sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, alleging the Republican governor has waged a “relentless campaign to weaponize government power” over the company.
The suit dramatically escalates the feud between DeSantis, who is expected to become a top Republican contender for the 2024 presidential race, and Disney.
The lawsuit was filed the same day that a DeSantis-backed board moved to undo a development deal that it says Disney struck to thwart its power.
“The government action was patently retaliatory, patently anti-business, and patently unconstitutional,” Disney alleged in the civil complaint in U.S. District Court in northern Florida.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

I wondered if there were any harassment laws Disney would call upon.

I've heard Disney has a lawyer or two on their payroll FULL TIME.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:40 pm I've heard Disney has a lawyer or two on their payroll FULL TIME.
lol. I wonder just how many lawyers they have?
Ah, here we go
Chief Counsel - Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
In her role, Margaret strategically manages a talented global team (~100 lawyers, ~350 total employees) that advises on legal and risk management related matters while also facilitating growth throughout the supported businesses and protecting the Company's brand.
Plus outside counsel when needed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

I'm hoping FL has the same law AK does: personal lawsuits can't be defended/paid for through the state coffers. That's how they got Palin to resign. Get Desantis the same way.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

There are no winners here.

A politician who seems to have gone off the deep end versus a corporation that has been treating its customers like shit and destroyed two of the most beloved IPs in the known universe.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Desantis is a short-sighted idiot, with nazi-esque policies, who actually has weaponized the government against a corporation that wouldn't suck his dick. He needs to go.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:58 pm Desantis is a short-sighted idiot, with nazi-esque policies, who actually has weaponized the government against a corporation that wouldn't suck his dick. He needs to go.
Did I post this? Honestly, that's more extreme than I feel, but... are you being sarcastic? I can't quite tell. But I mostly agree.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

DeSantis is the GOP's hope to sink Trump, but he's not someone I'd want to see in the White House. Two years ago, he was better than Biden or Trump, but something has changed. I think he's been smelling his own farts too much.

That being said, I hate Iger at Disney too. They represent everything wrong with our country. Creatively and morally bankrupt. Willing to shit all over customers to please their Wall St. masters.

Instead of wasting tax payer dollars, can't we have Iger and DeSantis fight to the death? Winner gets their way.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:21 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:58 pm Desantis is a short-sighted idiot, with nazi-esque policies, who actually has weaponized the government against a corporation that wouldn't suck his dick. He needs to go.
Did I post this? Honestly, that's more extreme than I feel, but... are you being sarcastic? I can't quite tell. But I mostly agree.
100% serious. Fuck the government, and fuck power mad assholes like Desantis especially.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:39 pm 100% serious. Fuck the government, and fuck power mad assholes like Desantis especially.
💯
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

FL gives itself more power against Disney.

This whole thing has crushed DeSantis' chances for the WH. Meanwhile, Iger faces jeopardy of his own thanks to that investor on his board that is looking to oust him. Both desperately need to get a backroom deal done to end these hostilities and make nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

Disney properties/real estate are a small part of the entire portfolio.... I would LOVE to Disney say "fuck it then," and yeet out to texas or somewhere that won't fuck with them. Then watch Orlando sink back into the swamp from whence Disney raised them. Then watch Desantis get burned in effigy when half of Florida's sales taxes disappear.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:14 pm I would LOVE to Disney say "fuck it then," and yeet out to texas
I know a guy in NC was trying to court them, and rumor had them looking at Georgia, but the problem with moving is not only cost. What happens when that state does something political you don't like? It WILL happen eventually. Then what? Move again? And how many years will building a new place, then moving everything over cost?

Plus, something like that might be all the ammo the guy who wants to oust Iger as CEO needs. Marvel and SW movies are getting crushed by critics and nobody is paying to see them. Disney+ is failing. The SW parks have been colossal failures. Etc. Iger needs wins, not more controversy and costs.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by GORDON »

I don't know how Desantis took them over in the first place. I heard it was part of the Reedy Creek charter with FL that they'd remain autonomous "until the last descendant of King Charles was gone," or some such thing.

Gov't just moves in and says "We'll take it now, thx," like Disney was an Indian Reservation and Desantis just found gold on it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney is Buying Marvel

Post by TheCatt »

Disney parks less popular than in the past.

I mean, you make the experience a hell hole... people eventually stop going?