Doom.  Yes, in the Movies forum.

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I had heard the Rock was going to star in it. I can't picture Karl Urban.

The guy writing it sounds excited enough to make you hope its good, but then again, the director of Nemesis was thrilled about his prodcut and it was ass.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:I had heard the Rock was going to star in it. I can't picture Karl Urban.
I kind of can, considering how he pulled off managing to look perpetually pissed in the LotR ovies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No, I meant I can't picture him. Which one was he, but don't reference as I still haven't seen it? (I'm only watching the EEs)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh, no. He was... ummm.

One of the Horse Lords. Forgetting his name. One of the major secondary characters. The one who ALWAYS had a pissed off look on his face.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oh that one!! (still no clue.)

Somebody post a picture.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eomer. That was the name for which I was grasping.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Eh. We'll have to see.

The Rock would obviously bring more star power, but he's more a Duke Nukem.

So, has anyone called you yet about the lead in Half-Life, the movie?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My agent is bartering for a bigger trailer before I commit to anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not that we needed it, but here's more proof that Hollywood doesn't give a fuck about their audience or about any existing licenses:

The DOOM movie will have nothing to do with hell or demons. Its going to be about virus infected zombies.

Un-fucking-believeable.

Its obvious that the people running the studios are unoriginal cowards. Afraid to take even the slightest risk that comes with making something new. They're afraid to hurt their coffers, and more importantly, afraid to hurt their egos.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I liked that movie the first time I saw it when it was called Resident Evil.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

doom was about hell and/or demons?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I liked that movie the first time I saw it when it was called Resident Evil.

Then they called it 28 Days Later.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:doom was about hell and/or demons?
Yeppers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It just occured to me that it was also the plot of the remade Dawn of the Dead.

Here's a hint to Hollywood If your film has already spawned an online petition asking you to rethink what you're doing, then you're probably turning off your core audience.

If you're a fan of DOOM, go there and check out the changes to the DOOM story that the petition creators have listed on the site. I particularly like that Hell's demons are being turned into humans with names like "goat", "pinky", and "baron". Oh, and the main character is now a SWAT guy, not a Space Marine.

Hey Hollywood brainiacs, tell me, who do you think will go see a movie called DOOM? DOOM fans right? That's why you paid for the name. So, if they are all pissed and aren't going to go see it, doesn't that mean you've fucked up by completely screwing with an established property?

Who am I kidding? In Hollywood, they'll blame the audience for "not getting it", while praising their abilities at "improving" an already successful franchise.

Let's review your collected works, shall we?
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil 2
-Tomb Raider
-Tomb Raider 2
-Double Dragon
-Super Mario Brothers
-Mortal Kombat
-Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
-Street Fighter
-House of the Dead
-Alone in the Dark

Let me know when you plan on doing something right.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Wing Commander
Alien Vs Preditor
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Alien Vs Preditor

That's a double insult to Hollywood's audience since AvP was originally a comic book series before it was even a game.

Here's another one where actual fans of the properties wanted something different than what Hollywood made. Results? Bad reviews. Pissed off fans. No chance for sequels.

This, boys and girls, is what we call hot shoting a movie.

Ignoring the audience and the future in favor of box office receipts today.

Edited By Leisher on 1107405883
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Doom has been pushed back from a summer release to October. That's usually Hollywood code for "it sucks".
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cakedaddy wrote:Wing Commander
Mention not that cursed movie.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »