Coolest ST:TNG moment? - Time to nerd.

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That scene when Worf broke the dude's neck was a real, "I can't believe that just happened" moment.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

That scene when Worf broke the dude's neck was a real, "I can't believe that just happened" moment.
"I can only kill him, I cannot defeat him"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was also interesting when Worf became head of the Klingon Empire for about 10 minutes.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Just trying to illustrate that DS9 isn't completely worthless, but the people who think that are absolutely BITEME in their ability to open their minds to new ideas.
They show that goddamned series twice a day on Spike. I've given it every opportunity not to suck. It has yet to take one of those oppotunities.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

In the alternate timeline when they were still at war w\ the Klingons ...
[Picard finishes staring at Riker's dead body]
Klingon ship : Enterprise, surrender and prepare to be boarded.
Picard : That will be the day.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just trying to illustrate that DS9 isn't completely worthless, but the people who think that are absolutely BITEME in their ability to open their minds to new ideas.

Cool battle scenes don't make a series good.

Please restrain your man love for Sisko.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cool battle scenes don't make a series good.

Please restrain your man love for Sisko.
I really wanted to like that series, too. Armin Shimmerman & Rene Auberjoinois are character actors I enjoy watching. I liked Quark more than anyone else on that show, well, except maybe Garak sometimes. Odo was right behind. I loathed almost everyone else, though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The Ferengis really got fleshed out on DS9... I liked the time Quark got tired of being shit upon and lectured some Hu-Mahn... "Don't look down on me... your race spawned genocide, slavery, and (something else). The Ferengi never did any of that."

Or some such.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Worf to the son of Duras : You are the son of a traitor. (Worf bitchslaps son of Duras). Now, I am ready [to go to death].
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I think I've figured out why I hate this show -- at least partially. The writing. Things are literally spelled out for you in the dialogue. There is nothing left for the viewed to think about.

E.g. ...

Dax : ... there must be someone on this station that owed your family a favour.
[later, after several bottles of booze, Worf & old Klingon are singing]
Old Klingon : My family owes your father everything it has. I wish there was someway to repay that.

I mean, come the fuck on. Or hell, even that "An Old Baseball" thing you posted. He didn't need to say that Sisko is letting him know he'll be back. The first line is sufficient. No lines would've been best. Just a closing shot coming in slowly at a tight angle on the baseball at the last lines were being said.

Edited By Malcolm on 1160589119
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

[Geordi asks for Worf's advise on women]
Geordi : [sarcastically] Thanks, Worf. That helps a lot.
[Woman comes over to Geordi & initiates conversation. Geordi freezes up. Woman eventually leaves.]
Worf : [staring at Geordi with the most fucking condescending look in the fucking universe] : I have much to teach you about women.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]

I had no idea that was... someone from TNG.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The country bumpkin dude? Yeah. Brent's been in a lot.