Chappelle Show

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Chappelle Show

Post by Leisher »

Start tonight at 9.

There's also a recent interview with Dave here. It's pretty obvious that he still isn't being honest about why he walked away from the show.

I don't think it was drugs and his statements about it being the direction of the show have been proven to be false by Comedy Central and Neil. Dave and Neil had full control of the show.

I'm betting on people in his life reacting badly to the money and Dave not being able to handle it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, he was trying to "Keep It real," and it went wrong. He made himself just as stupid as the people he ridicules on his show. That's my guess.

I've got the DVR all set up to record.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Paul

Post by Paul »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I just watched the first of the "Lost Episodes."

Charlie Murphy and the bald guy (heh) are hosting.

The skits were..... ok.

If Charlie Murphy has any more stories, he should get his own show. He's funny the way his brother used to be.

Edited By GORDON on 1152550689
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The show actually brought up another possible motive for Dave leaving the show: The fear of failing.

The line: "No matter how funny it is, they'll just say it isn't as good as last year." was interesting. You think that's how Dave really feels? If so, could that be the reason he walked away? Some people let fear dictate their lives, including walking away from life changing moments like signing a $55 million contract.

As for the show itself, I didn't hate it. I thought the first skit and the "revenge" one were better than average.

Still, I wish Comedy Central would be smart and just sign Neil Brennan and Charlie Murphy to a deal to do their own variety show.

Neil was responsible for half the skits on Chappelle's show and Charlie can do stories.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I can buy the not wanting to get pegged as the "I'm Rick James Bitch" guy or the quitting while you are on top.

As for the money yeah it was a ton but his life isn't going to all that different. He is still a millionaire and will be a millionaire unless he decides to hire MC Hammers finance guys.

As for the show pretty weak.

The best line was Murphy thanking Dave because now he is no longer refered to as eddies brother.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Skit 1: Season 3.

In case you didn't see it.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

I REALLY need to get new speakers so I can watch the links in this thread.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

First skit and revenge were good.

Rest mediocre.

Episode 2 sucked.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Episode 2 sucked.

I couldn't agree more.

I missed Episode 3, was it any good?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

More sucked.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Not sure what episode it was but the race pixies were awesome.

I liked the bit with Dave on cribs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Episode 3 sucked.

Race pixies were epsiode 2.
Cribs was episode 3.

Neither was funny imo.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"I'm straight baller, now."

Makes it easier to understand why he walked away.

Edited By GORDON on 1153958647
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Episode 3 sucked.

Race pixies were epsiode 2.
Cribs was episode 3.

Neither was funny imo.

That is where I would have to disagree. The pixes are only topped by Rick James as fo=ar as skits on his show go!

Santa Maria! Illegal leopard.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1154059256
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The pixes are only topped by Rick James as fo=ar as skits on his show go!

Uhm...no.

Just off the top of my head, Prince, the John Mayer skit, Dave at different ages, slow motion, Player Haters, The Niggars, the black klansman, Dice Championships, Reparations, Racial Draft, Dave as president, and "people are fucking up" are all funnier than the Pixies.

I'm sure I've missed a few.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The pixes are only topped by Rick James as fo=ar as skits on his show go!
Uhm...no.

Just off the top of my head, Prince, the John Mayer skit, Dave at different ages, slow motion, Player Haters, The Niggars, the black klansman, Dice Championships, Reparations, Racial Draft, Dave as president, and "people are fucking up" are all funnier than the Pixies.

I'm sure I've missed a few.
Yeah.

The pixies thing was just... stupid. Better than the monsters thing, but boy is that saying nothing.
Malcolm

Chapelle's Show - New Episodes

Post by Malcolm »

Shit. Leukemia killed Charlie Murphy.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Chapelle's Show - New Episodes

Post by Malcolm »

CC is running a Chappelle-Charlie thing right now. Will always fondly remember that dude from GTA: SA and "The Adventures of Black Jesus."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Chapelle Show

Post by Leisher »

Dave Chappelle asks Netflix to pull his show, and they complied.

Are you wondering if he's pulling it due to some change of heart political stuff? Then you'll be happy to know that it isn't about such things.

Nope, turns out Viacom, one of the sleaziest companies out there, never paid Chappelle for any streaming. He's fighting them and Netflix is on his side.