Knock at the Cabin (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm hearing good things.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A gay couple and their adopted daughter take a vacation in an isolated cabin. Bautista and his friends come to visit and explain that one of them needs to be killed by another of them to save the world.

I think this would be in the suspenseful thriller category.

How to write this without spoilers...hmm...

The acting is excellent. Ditto for the direction, sound, lighting, etc.

People act how they would act. No dumb NPC bullshit. The kid is only annoying for a moment during the initial visit.

The couple being gay is important, but this story is not woke.

I knew. I mean, it was pretty obvious based on the premise and the trailer. However, this doesn't mean what you think it means.

Good film. Genuinely could be my favorite M. Night movie despite...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”