Dashcam (2021)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dashcam (2021)

Post by Leisher »

Found footage movie set during covid that follows a right wing vlogger as she travels to London to visit a friend and gets involved with...I don't know...something evil.

They go WAY overboard with the right wing thing. She wears a MAGA hat, a shirt that says "Liberal" with a line through it, refuses to wear a mask, and generally acts like a complete asshole to everyone. This cannot be overstated. You will, literally, prefer Trump to this girl and she's the main character.

It's rare that you see a movie where the main character is so incredibly unlikeable and it has nothing to do with politics. Her portrayal goes way beyond the politics as she's simply a terrible human being. The funny part of this is that she's also the only one, during key moments of the film, who shows actually compassion for other people. I genuinely do not understand what the writer was going for. The plot is never explained, and if it was, not well.

Most of the movie is also damn near unwatchable. If you thought the shaky cam in Jason Bourne was tough, this movie said, "Hold my beer." Ever facetimed with a toddler? When they are holding the camera? That's what this film reminded me of almost from the start.

It's a trash movie, but I will give the filmmakers credit for doing something on a low budget. There are visuals that show up for moments that are cool, but it's all done without context. Without context makes everything less captivating, and simply boring. The core film is also only 67 minutes long, which is pretty nice because, you know, it ends faster than normal.

Not recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”