Scream VI

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream VI

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Scream VI

Post by Leisher »

This franchise needs a reboot in the worst way. Not a reimagining or soft boot, but a complete overhaul.

Just horrific, lazy writing from start to finish. Sad because I loved the open. I haven't enjoyed a Scream open this much since the original. Unfortunately, it's all a predictable, poorly acted mess from that point on.

This Ghostface was advertised as "something different". Nope.

OH, and the "Rules of Horror Movies" apparently have a new entry that applies specifically to the new Scream movies:
-The only people that can die are white people and minorities who have fewer than 10 lines. Everyone else is invincible.

Seriously. Stabbed dozens of times in major organs and then left to bleed out for a long time? No problem. You won't even have a scar by the sequel.

You know, Hollywood writers are currently on strike and I was on their side, but shit like this makes me think they're already overpaid.

Great opening scene followed by garbage.

To the shitty writers of this turd, purposely lying to the audience by making characters do things that betray their motives is not writing a good mystery. This is especially true when there's nobody else around to witness their betrayal. It's embarrassing and you're lucky your parents/uncles/whomever you're fucking had enough pull to get you this gig because you certainly aren't there due to talent.

P.S. Someone pretending to be dead doesn't get to pretend to be dead when the police, EMS, coroner, forensics, etc. all show up to process the crime scene and victims. They're going to know. You know who else would know? The journalist who is breaking down every detail of the case.