South Side - HBO Max

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

South Side - HBO Max

Post by GORDON »

Heard raves and raves and raves about this show, and how hilarious it is, so I gave it a shot.

I'm 4 episodes in. About 24 minutes per episode.

It's "Seinfeld" for black people in the south side of Chicago. The humor is "you just have to live it to get it" and I haven't, and for the most part, don't. I'm reminded of some coworkers many years ago who instead of working just quoted a comedian back and forth to each other all day long, laughing instead of working. The humor just wasn't that funny, since it wasn't my world.

So I don't have an opinion about this show. I'll probably finish it just because it's short, light viewing, and it's a window to a world I don't live in.

The latest episode was about the new Jordans (shoes) dropping (being released that day) and both the repo men, and police, in interchanging scenes, were going nuts with worry about what the city was going to be like that day.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

South Side - HBO Max

Post by GORDON »

Season 1 is interesting. The show is trying to be something bigger. I will continue into season 2.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."