Fallout (Amazon Series)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Based on the game IP.

I'm fine with them not following a story from the games. It's an IP that allows for new stories in fresh settings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

First look.

No trailer that I can find ("official").

Walter Goggins is a positive!

However, I have found articles saying Amazon is absolutely adding woke shit to this series. So that's a negative.

Amazon made Rings of Power... That's a HUGE negative.

They also made The Boys, which is a huge positive.

It's a coin toss.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

The actual trailer, and it actually looks really good. Playing Fallout 4 right now, and this looks EXACTLY like the game.

Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

And it's probably already ruined.

I really find it amazing how these massive corporations are completely unable to listen to the consumers. Isn't their entire existence to make money by making consumers want their products?

Here's hoping they truly stay in the "gray area" and don't preach horseshit woke politics, which would NOT exist in a post-nuclear war world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

It looks so fucking perfect. Just like the games. But if it's woke, I hope it dies.

Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Mixed messages from the series director.

Con: He says the show wasn't made with "pleasing the fans" in mind. Not an awesome statement. Actually, pretty stupid. If The Walking Dead taught people anything it should have been that if you make it for the core audience, they will love it so much they'll bring others in.

Pro: He played Fallout 3 for a year. I don't give a shit that the developer changed from 2 to 3. It was still a Fallout game. Theoretically, there are endless stories that could be told in the Fallout universe. And aside from the Iron Man power armor helmet, which was stupid, the trailer seems to hit all the right beats.

Just don't woke it up...
Troy

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Troy »

First episode was good! Series has a super high ceiling. Bloody.
Troy

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Troy »

"An absolute blast of a TV show - 5 stars" - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... -a-tv-show

Walton Goggins is excellent. As a ghoul.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Stop getting my hopes up.

Are all the episodes of S1 out or are they doing weekly release?
Troy

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:18 pm Are all the episodes of S1 out or are they doing weekly release?
All 8 are up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:41 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:18 pm Are all the episodes of S1 out or are they doing weekly release?
All 8 are up.
The way it should be.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by GORDON »

I better put a pin in Northern Exposure and watch this while it's hot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by GORDON »

Watched episode 1.

Is this the story the game(s) did?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Haven't seen it yet, but I thought I read it's an all new story. As someone who has played all the games except 76, the story from the trailer doesn't look familiar.

The Fallout universe is as large as the planet, so the number of stories can be endless. Fallout games have taken place in Vegas, Boston, DC, CA, Alaska, etc. The new fan made, and seemingly very approved by the studio, DLC dropping really soon is based in London.

Turns out everyone had vaults.

Not to spoil anything, but the vaults themselves, if they follow the lore, are going to be their own interesting stories.,
Troy

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:02 pm Not to spoil anything, but the vaults themselves, if they follow the lore, are going to be their own interesting stories.,
The female lead protagonist comes from a vault that is known for "being good people and doing the right things, a meritocracy"
At some point a surface dweller points that out to her, and says "you're fucked up here"

I think the storyline is right? I haven't gotten very far because of being onsite, but it's based in California, and the NCR are mentioned at least once. Nukes irradiate an advanced version of the 1950ish, but doesn't that happen in all the Fallouts?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:25 pm Nukes irradiate an advanced version of the 1950ish, but doesn't that happen in all the Fallouts?
Yeah, the world is all the same, but there are a LOT of vaults. Plus, stories will differ from character to character, city to city, etc. The world having gone to war, the time period, ghouls, and so on are all the same though.

Her vault being a meritocracy is really interesting. Sounds like Vault...I think it was 81...in Fallout 4.

Not to spoil things, but if she finds another vault, and there's no way she won't, it won't be the same experience she had.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by GORDON »

That's episode 1.
Troy

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:20 pm That's episode 1.
hehe yeah, you don't have to wait long :lol:
GORDON
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by GORDON »

I went through episode 2. Seems to be telling an interesting story. Hard to tell how it'll have any kind of happy ending, how I like.

Goggins is buried under make-up, but just barely. I don't like when good actors getting it slathered on until they're unrecognizable.

And I like how "okie dokie!" Usually comes right before the cute girl does something bold, or fucked up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:08 pm Hard to tell how it'll have any kind of happy ending, how I like.
Happy endings in Fallout happen, but a lot of them are also bad or ambiguous.