Fallout (Amazon Series)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Based on the game IP.

I'm fine with them not following a story from the games. It's an IP that allows for new stories in fresh settings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

First look.

No trailer that I can find ("official").

Walter Goggins is a positive!

However, I have found articles saying Amazon is absolutely adding woke shit to this series. So that's a negative.

Amazon made Rings of Power... That's a HUGE negative.

They also made The Boys, which is a huge positive.

It's a coin toss.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

The actual trailer, and it actually looks really good. Playing Fallout 4 right now, and this looks EXACTLY like the game.

Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

And it's probably already ruined.

I really find it amazing how these massive corporations are completely unable to listen to the consumers. Isn't their entire existence to make money by making consumers want their products?

Here's hoping they truly stay in the "gray area" and don't preach horseshit woke politics, which would NOT exist in a post-nuclear war world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

It looks so fucking perfect. Just like the games. But if it's woke, I hope it dies.

Leisher
Site Admin

Fallout (Amazon Series)

Post by Leisher »

Mixed messages from the series director.

Con: He says the show wasn't made with "pleasing the fans" in mind. Not an awesome statement. Actually, pretty stupid. If The Walking Dead taught people anything it should have been that if you make it for the core audience, they will love it so much they'll bring others in.

Pro: He played Fallout 3 for a year. I don't give a shit that the developer changed from 2 to 3. It was still a Fallout game. Theoretically, there are endless stories that could be told in the Fallout universe. And aside from the Iron Man power armor helmet, which was stupid, the trailer seems to hit all the right beats.

Just don't woke it up...