Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

An A24 film. I watched because of that.

A bunch of rich GenZ kids get together for a hurricane parthy and play real life Among Us, and call it the name of the movie.

About half way through my kid says, "If I was going to write a movie parodying the annoying things GenZ say, it would be this movie." And at the end, "The was either the greatest, or worst movie I've ever seen."

So.

Yeah.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A bunch of well off 20-somethings throw a party in daddy's mansion during a hurricane. They play a game of "Bodies Bodies Bodies" and someone ends up dead. That's when the real game begins.

Pete Davidson is the biggest name here and he's perfectly cast. Trust me on this one.

The rest of the cast is meh at best. There's not any awesome performances, but there is some overacting and loads of "dumb human" stuff.

After recently watching Glass Onion and that movie being Style>Substance, this movie is the exact opposite, it's Style<Substance. The film gets tough to follow due to some of the actors looking alike and most of the film happening in a power outage, but I assure you, there is a method to the madness. Admittedly, I was having trouble finding seeing it.

I wasn't giving it my full attention and was playing a game while watching. I'd call parts of it a touch slow and the "dumb human" stuff was irritating. I hated watching this movie, but by the end was fully in the "thumbs up" camp. That's all I will say without spoilers. However, I will say if anything so far interests you and you will check it out, don't read what's in the spoiler tag below.

Gordo, you and your boy should watch it. I'll be curious to hear those reviews.

SERIOUSLY!!!! Do NOT click this tag. Go watch the movie first.
There's definitely social commentary going on including one scene that will make you actually laugh. It's a "high tension" scene too, which is awesome. The ridiculousness of the dialogue hits so true to life, and that is when it'll really hit you about what you're watching. Basically, the whole movie is painting what a total croc of shit all the woke shit is and how people are still people, but now with built in excuses. It's amazing how quickly the group (and by extension society) crumbles at the first sign of adversity. This movie is such a breath of fresh air in the otherwise extreme left Hollywood.

I genuinely hope you watched it and didn't just click this spoiler. If you did watch it, wasn't I right about Pete. The absolute perfect role. It matches his brand not to take himself seriously. Not sure if I like the guy or not, but between this and that movie about his life, I'm leaning towards like.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

bump
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My bad not searching and your review is exactly what I expected.

It's been a while since a movie's ending so completely spun my opinion of the overall film in a positive way.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been shouting "Feelings are facts!" in the middle of random debates, in real life.