Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That is Kang the Conqueror...possibly different versions of him too. The one with the blue face is the bad one. Think Thanos, but this one is about time and space. You know all about him if you watched Loki.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This film is getting savaged. I'm hearing the acting is great, but the writing and CGI are garbage.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Disney is pushing hard for Reddit to reveal the users behind this script leaking to the site a month before it came out.

Interesting battle: Privacy vs Intellectual Property.

I see pros and cons on both sides.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This movie was not great.

And the story was pretty much laid out in the trailers.

After one particular exchange my kid asks, "Was this written by a 9 year old?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The first Ant Man was so good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I went in expecting to hate it, so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't totally awful. It did suck, but it wasn't boring or horrific. I was entertained enough, but Gordon's kid is right, the writing was shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been trying to come up with a pithy phrase to sum up the entire MCU since Endgame.

Does it feel like Endgame was too massive and epic, and none of this newer stuff just doesn't matter any more?

Not even counting all the perfect, amazing female characters, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think Feige had a real plan post Endgame, and woke garbage took center stage as a result.

The funniest part about all of Disney's woke horseshit is that they bought Star Wars and Marvel for a very, very specific reason: All of their existing IPs were geared towards girls, and they needed something to link them to the boys market.

So, of course, immediately neutering all the male heroes and replacing them with women was the genius move.

How Disney's shareholders have not rioted is proof to me that they're ultimately powerless.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Disney's shareholders need to be right about Disney's wokeness, otherwise they'll have to contemplate that their their own woke agenda is misguided.