M3GAN (2023)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

M3GAN (2023)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

M3GAN (2023)

Post by GORDON »

I'm in.

M3GAN did nothing wrong.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

M3GAN (2023)

Post by GORDON »

Good movie but nearly every plot point and cool scene/image was in the trailers. Wasn't much new.
Leisher
Site Admin

M3GAN (2023)

Post by Leisher »

What Gordon said. It's fine, but it probably should have been better.

Megan, herself, is pretty awesome. If all the time spent on this movie was put into her, it would make sense as to why the rest of the movie sort of suffers. Not that anything sucks, it's just a bit plodding and there are some moments where you're going to say, "Yeah, that would never happen." In fact, I would argue that the android is the most realistic thing about the movie...

It's a decent watch. A rare horror movie that the whole family could watch. (Depending on how old your kids are and their maturity level.) However, I will admit that I was ultimately disappointed by it.

M3gan 2.0 is on the way.

Spoilery thoughts:

1. The opening scene was poorly executed. Do we need browbeaten, incompetent dad yet fucking again? (An important thing to keep in mind as I make other points.) And the snowplow's lights out of nowhere is not how light works.
2. Everyone in the film is an asshole. In fact, everyone in my family thought this movie struggled to have a likeable character. What does it say when the only character you like is the psycho killer robot?
3. The guy playing her boss is a terrible actor. Did he win a contest to be in the movie?
4. If a dog bites a kid and someone calls the cops, it will result in more than "tough titty". That was stupid.
5. The way she killed the neighbor was pretty awesome, but absolutely murder. How would Gemma not have been a suspect and had cops up her ass?
6. The human ear is not made of taffy. It also only takes 7 pounds of pressure to remove it. Additionally, if a kid falls from a tree line into a road and gets hit by a car, there would never be a reason for the police to search for his ear 200 yards into the woods. That was dumb. The cop saying to Gemma that her neighbor and that kid were both homicides and she wasn't a suspect was also absolutely stupid. Why are writers in Hollywood so lazy that they cannot write around these sorts of things?
7. Gemma is the film's actual villain. Prove me wrong. Her piss poor programming and budget abuses are the reason everything happens.
8. Making M3gan was a stretch, but also having a giant rock 'em sock 'em robot laying around your house is too.
9. $100K to make M3gan? Did they get all her parts from the Dollar Tree? This was easily the most unrealistic thing in the whole movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

M3GAN (2023)

Post by GORDON »

I think my fave little moment was
During the M3GAN commercial, the CEO says something idiotic, and M3GAN gives him the side-eye. It was a perfectly executed subtle gag.