Violent Night (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Violent Night (2022)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Violent Night (2022)

Post by GORDON »

A criminal heist of a mansion goes awry when the real Santa shows up in the middle of it.

The is a perfect cross between Die Hard, Home Alone, and Fat Man. And they mention those first two movies by name (and possibly the third one, if I remember that line correctly), so they know it.

It's not perfect, but it's ok.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Violent Night (2022)

Post by GORDON »

I've decided that probably wasn't the original ending.

They kept showing flashbacks to his violent past as a murderous Viking. Santa mentions he used to be violent. They never showed how he transitioned to Jolly Old St. Nick. I think they filmed a flashback we never saw, him as a viking killing Santa, and then becoming Santa. They were building that up hard with John Leguizano hating Christmas, being a murdering bastard, and damned near killing Santa... to become Santa. I think an executive saw that and said NO. Now none of those flashbacks or backstory pay off, and building up JL to have a character arc didn't happen.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Violent Night (2022)

Post by Leisher »

I enjoyed it. Everything Gordon says is true, including his theory about a left out scene. Not sure about a different ending though.

It does have a weird tone overall. Clearly very, very adult with cursing, drinking, violence, gore, etc., but also a Home Alone tribute with a little girl who cartoonishly fights off a couple of baddies. It's only for a single scene, but it's still feels out of place and just right, both at the same time.

Worth seeing, but not with the kids unless they're teens.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Violent Night (2022)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:48 am I enjoyed it. Everything Gordon says is true, including his theory about a left out scene. Not sure about a different ending though.
Ditto.
It's not me, it's someone else.