Don't Worry Darling (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Olivia Wilde Says Chris Pine's villain is based on Jordan Peterson and she really slurs the shit out of him.

I know, I know, slandering conservatives has become the "go to" for Woke Hollywood marketing efforts, and why not? It hasn't turned a single one of their films into a hit yet, but eventually it will, right?
“We based that character on this insane man, Jordan Peterson, who is this pseudo-intellectual hero to the incel community,” Wilde said.
First of all, if I was Peterson I'd hit her with a slander suit.

Secondly, many folks, even left wingers, are pointing out that Olivia seems to be doing anything to promote this movie and it's interesting for someone with such a scandalous history to be trying to throw shade at someone else. Not shocking that it's pretty inaccurate shade that she probably got from other woke folks.

Say what you want about a college professor who was very left, took a stance on one issue (language of all things) that got him labeled right wing, and now has found God, but "insane"? "Pseudo-intellectual"? I'd guess his IQ is easily 40 points above her IQ.

Also, Peterson an "incel hero"? Uh, you understand that most of his message is self-help stuff and taking responsibility for yourself? I realize that's very anti-woke, but it's also very anti-incel.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:55 pm First of all, if I was Peterson I'd hit her with a slander suit.
That gets really hard when you're a public figure.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:55 pm First of all, if I was Peterson I'd hit her with a slander suit.
That gets really hard when you're a public figure.
True, which is why I didn't say he should go after the film. The filmmakers can claim parody.

Although, I think she's in a much weaker position and probably could be hit with one. I don't think she, personally, could claim parody.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »