She-Hulk, Atty at Law

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by GORDON »

Marvel does wacky, and 4th wall breaks.

So it turns out women are better at controlling their anger because they get catcalled and mansplained every day. That explains why in society women are seen as the level-headed of the two (50?) sexes. And Bruce Banner is bad at controlling anger because he just didn't have any hardships in his life compared to your average woman.

So let's just get THAT out there.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by thibodeaux »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service
material in a work of fiction or in a fictional series that is intentionally added to please the audience
GORDON
Site Admin

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by GORDON »

MAN Critical Drinker has a hate-on for this show. I typically agree with his irritation about random shows that have THE MESSAGE shoehorned in like an apology, but I think his "give the show both barrels and one more for jesus in the head after it's down and then fuck it drop a grenade on the corpse on the way out of the room" reaction to this show is a bit much.

This show is DEDICATED to the idea women get fucked/allow themselves to get fucked, in this society. The show is buit on that foundation, and it tells a story as such. And personally, I think there's room in the MCU for a show with that point of view. It's fine. I'm a white guy and I see what the show is about, so if they're trying (with futility) to get more women watching the MCU, this is a fine attempt. Most women will eat this shit up. "Hey, I allow myself to be victimized like that, and I'm glad she gets to hulk out and smash it!"

Interesting thing about this show is that there is a 5th or 6th wall break.... I've never seen anything like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by TheCatt »

Guess they were right.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

She-Hulk, Atty at Law

Post by GORDON »

They weren't trolling shit. I believe the majority of "aint no bitches gonna bust no ghosts" is marketing. They start floating the misogyny and sexism before the show is even released, and that gets the buzz machine going before anyone has even seen it. It gets the word of mouth for people trying to defend against the straight white males, southerners, and nazis, and it gives the creators an out (I guess the fans were just too racist and sexist for our superior piece of art to be successful!) when they release a piece of shit.

I'd love to see the marketing budget for paid people to talk shit on reddit and stuff.