Shameless

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

Poor family in south side of Chicago with William H Macy as a drunk, alcoholic dad. 6 kids. The oldest of whom exists to try and prove Leisher wrong that you can be a super hot 21 year old woman and have a difficult life.

Lots of tits, lots of ass, too much peen.

Comedy-drama, they say, but a lot more drama than comedy. Somewhat ridiculous situations, few jokes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:23 pm The oldest of whom exists to try and prove Leisher wrong that you can be a super hot 21 year old woman and have a difficult life.
That's why it's Hollywood.

Attractive white woman, particularly young ones, are the most advantaged people on Earth.

My 13 year olds watched this show. They seemed to like it, but got bored by it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:54 pm My 13 year olds watched this show. They seemed to like it, but got bored by it.
Whoa. My kids are sheltered.

Yeah, it's probably a little too much drama. The ratings drop off after S4, so was planning to go for 4 and drop it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:59 pm Whoa. My kids are sheltered.
They don't have an older sibling and cousins who destroy any kind of shelter you build...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:54 pm Attractive white woman, particularly young ones, are the most advantaged people on Earth.
Young, attractive white women are the only demographic that can, at any time, bail on their life and set up shop in someone elses.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:54 pm Attractive white woman, particularly young ones, are the most advantaged people on Earth.
Young, attractive white women are the only demographic that can, at any time, bail on their life and set up shop in someone elses.
Admittedly a plot point in S1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

JFC this show. 0% comedy today for their S2 Thanksgiving episode.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

I went to the reddit sub for this show, and it just gets darker, and unhappier, and dramaier, and messier. I feel like I was lied to. I was promised boobs + comedy.
thibodeaux

Shameless

Post by thibodeaux »

The oldest daughter is cute and gets naked a lot. But tbh the NSFW thread here has better content.

Otherwise...yeah we didn't make it past a season or two.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Shameless

Post by TheCatt »

One thing that was cool about this show was seeing a friend of mine from high school in the credits.