The Princess (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Cakedaddy

The Princess (2022)

Post by Cakedaddy »

Hulu queued this up after PREY and I just let it run.

About 30 minutes in, I was wondering if it was a video game made into a movie. Because that's what it seemed like.

It had an opening intro cut scene that leads to a fight. Another brief cut scene that leads to a fight. A flashback cut scene followed by another fight scene. It's about a 90 minute movie with 76 minutes of fighting and 7 two minute cut scenes. Oh, there was of course the boss fight at the end.

I'm not mad I watched it. The choreography was pretty well done. They explained where she got her skills (way better than PREY did). There was some slight humor sprinkled in. But I am glad I was doing other things while it was on making it not a complete waste of the 90 minutes. I did end up fast forwarding a bit because the fight scenes were getting repetitive. They were changing the weapons up, but there were like 5 tower levels that made me think "This is how they saved a bunch of money. Just reusing the same set over and over as she goes down the tower".

Overall, it's meh.