Halloween Ends (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by Leisher »

I don't want this to be understated. I really need you to understand what I'm saying here is the absolute truth and I would pass any lie detector test right now.

This is the worst movie I have ever seen based upon an existing IP and definitely top 5-10 worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

I legit felt like we were watching the wrong film or that this was some sort of joke. I'm not kidding. Whatever you are thinking in your head, this movie is worse. WAY worse.

Everything is absolutely horrendous.

David Gordon Green may have made some decent films in the early 2000s (I haven't seen them), but as of today, he is a talentless hack. He gets credit for both (co-)writing and directing this pile of shit.

The direction is laughably bad. Was Green even on set during filming? The terrible performances by EVERY single actor in this film would indicate he wasn't. Seriously, not one performance that was even remotely ok.

Don't worry though because the bad direction is overshadowed by the horrific script and dialogue. Danny McBride, Chris Bernier, and Paul Brad Logan were also writers on this abomination. Go check their IMDBs. Not exactly a long line of great writing credits...

There aren't enough negative words in the English language to explain how bad everything is in this film. So I'll compare it to another turd that never should have seen the light of day, The Last Jedi. The same crimes occur there as they do here: No respect for the IP, no knowledge of the IP, disrespecting characters, not continuing the story/plot from the previous films, etc.

However, Rian Johnson did have an excuse and a saving grace. His excuse is that he didn't write the previous film, David Gordon Green DID. Also, Rian Johnson made an undeniably beautifully shot film. David Gordon Green shot a movie that would be outclassed by 40% of the indy movies made in any given year.

Fuck this movie.

Nobody should ever watch this for any reason.

Danny McBride and his cabal of entitled jackasses need to apologize to Carpenter for raping his genius.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by TheCatt »

I saw the reviews, and wow, they were terrible.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by Leisher »

It's worse than the reviews can express. I'm LEGIT pissed off about it.

I'm offended as a fan of the original, which made me get into movies in the first place. I'm offended as a fan of horror. I'm offended as a fan of movies. I'm offended as a human being who sees talentless asshats like David Gordon Green get work while actually talented people can't get into the industry because they don't know the right people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by Leisher »

I would watch Benji Saves the Universe over Halloween Ends any day. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween Ends (2022)

Post by Leisher »